View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 03:22 PM   #78
AZ Shane

Drives: Audi A7 BMW K1200S MV Agusta F4 A
Belts Being Thrown Off From Your 2022 Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ss_bret View Post
I’m not sure where to post this but I need help!!!

While I was driving on the highway today, somebody was driving slow in front of me so I stepped on it to get around them a couple moments after a message popped up on the dash stating check charging system and shortly after that a message popped up and said engine overheating please pull over and idle engine when I pop the hood. I found my AC belt completely off and ripped to shreds and my main drive belt sitting there in between my fan shroud, and my crank pulley. I haven’t took it to the shop yet, but you can smell the hydrocarbons in the coolant.���� Long story short, have any of you guys had any experience with belt slipping off when you step on it.

PS… the car has a RotoFab cai, Msd mani, NW 103 tb, speed engineering headers, dsx flex fuel, BTR Stage 2 cam kit, and LME Ported heads

How old is your car? Is it a year or less old? Sounds odd that a belt would let go, unless there is a quality problem with either the belt (either the main accessory drive belt, or the A/C drive belt). One or the other (or both) belts should be feeding the water pump. The next thing to investigate is the idler tension pulley. The pulley arm is spring-loaded to keep tension on the belt. If this tensioner is defective, then the belt could pop off the pulleys and get jammed in with the other belt and cause it to pop off, too. I suspect you have a valid warranty claim that should be covered by the new vehicle warranty. I'd take it to the dealer and let them figure it out.

This is provided as a long time shade tree mechanic and engineer. Your car particulars may include other features I am not familiar with, as I do not yet own a Gen 6 Camaro.

Last edited by AZ Shane; 06-03-2023 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Correcting misspellings!
AZ Shane is offline   Reply With Quote