View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 10:16 PM   #10
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
8* is a lot yes. That's what's good about e85 especially with forced induction and only 91octane avail besides race gas$$.
If I'm not mistaken the idea of the flex sensor and computer is that does great at adjusting between partial mix of ethanol in the tables so it doesn't throw that whole 8* at it if e.g. its running e40 because of winter blends or what I threw in the tank mixing the pump e85 and my 91 that was already in there.

I did check sometimes on my run logs and I'm not getting KR. My knock sensor is also not f'd with in the tune to ignore knock either which is important to me. Trying not to knock holes in the pistons. I think I'm around 23* total, but I forget it's been a few years since I looked at it. There is a point of diminishing returns where you're pushing backwards on the piston too much and undue stress vs gains. Something to think about.

Edit: found a short article on timing https://www.autospeed.com/cms/a_1091...populararticle
it's not so educational to those who have messed with their own tunes but does provide an overview.

Last edited by silversleeper; 03-03-2023 at 10:32 PM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote