View Single Post
Old 01-17-2023, 04:55 PM   #72
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Did you know if you do that you will void your warranty?

I'm not putting down your car. I think the LT1 is a great car, a great deal and I would prefer it over a Mustang GT. It's been my opinion since the LT1 came out that GM should have sprung for higher speed rated tires so they could avoid the limiter issue. Just my opinion.

I like a warranty, and I like the higher top speed. Personal preference. I also like to get the best possible handling, which is why I chose none of the above and went with the 1LE.
Well, when your LT1 is closing in on 5 years old, warranty does not really matter anymore. The 1LE is definitely the better handling car, but you are living a fantasy if you think a 1LE is going to top out at a higher speed than a LT1 with the speed limiter disabled. The 1LE has a MUCH higher drag coefficient AND creates a ton more downforce than a LT1. On a top speed run, a LT1 with the speed limiter disabled will easily top out 10+ mph higher than a 1LE.