View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 11:32 AM   #9
Tommi

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
How long did you have them in the oven and at what temp?
This is copy paste from retrofitlab.com instructions, I used method 2.

https://retrofitlab.com/en-fi/apps/h...ght-to-open-it

"At what temperature do I heat my headlight to open it?

In general, 2 methods are used, with both methods, be careful and patient.

Method 1 is using a regular oven. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius. When ready, switch off the oven and place the headlight inside. Make sure that the headlight is not touching any metal of the oven by placing a cloth over the grid, for example. Leave the headlight in the oven for 10-15 minutes before opening it. If the headlight kit is not yet soft enough, put the headlight in the oven for a bit more time.

Method 2 is suitable for larger headlights that do not fit in a regular oven, or if your lovely wife absolutely does not allow car parts to be baked in her kitchen. A large cardboard box is used where hot air is blown through a heatgun. Make sure that the hot air of the heatgun does not blow directly to the headlight, place the headlight on small elevations so that the air can circulate properly through the box. We use a setting of 300 Degrees Celsius for 12-18 minutes / 1st lowest setting, depending on the size of the headlight."

My cardboardbox oven from summitracing!

Today I got to test the lights in snowy and dark roads for 60 miles and the lights made it much safer because finally i was able to see.

Last edited by Tommi; 12-27-2022 at 11:43 AM.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote