Thread: Supercharger
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 11:13 AM   #30
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostcj View Post
I have an LT1 and putting a NOVI 1500 on it. The tuner is going to give me two calibrations. One for street use and one for autox and road course with presumably more timing pulled. I discussed upgrading the fuel system for E85 but the parts and install would be close to 5K. The other wrinkle is I live in the PNW and E85 is limited.
He suggested if I only plan to take it to a road course a couple times a year that a cheaper option would be to mix in 5 gal of 110 octane with each tank before track days. This would provide some extra safety margin and should only run me a couple hundred dollars a year.
Is there something I'm missing here? I imagine most of us will only track our cars a handful of times a year and just buying the race fuel as needed would make more sense.
The Toohighpsi system is around 2k. You should be able to get that with PI injectors, with JMS booster for around 3k.

Your engine isn't going to last long with boost on 93 with road course racing. So E85 could get you several more years of use out of the stock bottom end.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote