Old 09-01-2022, 06:33 PM   #12
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Do you like the OEM A/C knobs?
Or can you deal with digital A/C controls

There are others factors involved but I think that might be the biggest hurdle.

I didn’t like the paint match of the idatalink but I overcame that to paint silver to match dash trim instead of console cover. It’s tough to really see in my pic. The newer short chassis kenwoods work great for the Camaro install with either kit.

The idatalink requires soldiering to make a harness(not too bad) and setting up the kit for your individual likings of button features and your car, which is the cool feature of the idatalink.
I had mine originally in my V6 Camaro I drove more but it’s now in my Camaro I drive very little. It’s a nice setup for a driver.
Good luck
One of the guys told me the Cam1 kit has a harness that doesn’t require soldering. I’m not afraid of soldering, but I will avoid it if I can. I’m looking at two different head units and leaning toward the maestro.

Current project is custom door panels. My wife said I have to finish that before starting anything else. Yes dear.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote