View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 05:00 PM   #54
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
I appreciate your comment, I do, but I feel the main criticizer of the thread was upset because of the results, somehow took it personally, and tunnel vision began to set in. It's ok, people get passionate about things, and that's fine. That being said, a lot was discussed and I believe, and I hope others do as well that there are no hard feelings between anyone in this thread.

I agree with your comment on youtubers posting empty videos to promote their channel, sensationalizing videos, clickbait, or a product. I hate that as well, and its very annoying and has no place here. Some of these large youtubers post misleading things, as they are not qualified, nor should they be talking about technical matters, as they don't have the background, so they don't understand what they are doing.

This was not like that. I have been a member of this forum for over 10 years now, you can see my join date, and my post count. I am also a licensed mechanic, so I'm not some ya hoo posting something that I know nothing about. I can gladly engage in any constructive conversation regarding oil separation and contribute what I have learned from manufacturer patents I have researched, along with SAE research, and university research. I have done videos on those as well, I'm impartial and just present my findings.

This video took a long time, and some effort to produce, and as a small youtuber I will not make much on it. We are probably talking less than a dollar, as the universe of viewers for this content is quite small, just look at the view count for this video. Why did I do it?? For the education, as I truly care about helping others, and I wanted to share my results on a stock engine.

Lastly, if people wanted to view the video fine, but I didn't make anyone do so, and gave a little summary in my write up so people who wanted to read could just do so. As far as keeping it out of the ZL1 forums, I think this is where it belongs. It is the LT4 crowd that is interested in catch cans. There are LT1 folks, but not as much.

I've said it earlier, I think this thread was a success as we had some great discussion on a Sunday and that's what this forum is about right? We should all be connecting with each other and sharing ideas.
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote