View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 09:33 PM   #4
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back To Pray View Post
Today I got a call from my local mechanic diagnosing my vehicle saying that 2 pistons failed and that I melted my catalytic converters.

He recommended I go with the stage 3 kit they offer, it's estimated around $18,000 - $19,000.
(long tube headers, cam, bigger Procharger pulley, better blowoff valve, intake)
At that point I asked how much it will be to just get me rolling again, he said he'll get back to me with that by tomorrow.

After hearing that, forged pistons and a cat delete might be what I end up going with.
I was really hoping to keep my budget under 10K.
18K just seems like a lot of money but I'd love to upgrade what I can while I have the engine apart.
Thoughts?
Here are some pictures.
You can’t catch a break. Is this the replacement Fireball 700 engine from a few years ago?

So did the mechanic tell you what caused the failures? I recall you were having fuel pump issues.

I’d go with all new forged internals and make it better than before.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote