View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 04:10 PM   #16
sspddmn

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE and 1991 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
Thanks for the info, that explains the difference I saw in the gaps.
I agree the 19's do look great and anthracite would be my color of choice with hyper blue....
Personally and this is my opinion only...i was going to go with athracite as well. However after being able to see the brushed clear on my car, I am liking the brushed better as it contrasts off the blue better. The athracite in my opinion gets drowned out by the HBM. In most lighting you cant see the design of the wheel as much. With Serper3's choice, athracite will look perfect as it contrasts with all the white of the car. Although, brushed clear looks awesome on his car too but some contrast (athracite) will bring out the wheels a lot.

Another reason i am going with brushed clear is that i plan on getting the finish re-done down the line to a darker tint. APEX wheels are painted and not powder coated so I plan on having my buddy who owns a body shop scuff them then spray a dark tinted clear on it to get the below finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serper3 View Post
not sure if you saw this thread, but sspddmn on here did a shoot with Apex not too long ago. they only shot the silver VS-5RS on his car, but his car is HBM, so may be useful. post 31.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599548
Thanks bro! Too bad they didnt have us do the shoot together. That would have been dope!

Last edited by sspddmn; 02-07-2022 at 11:47 AM.
sspddmn is offline   Reply With Quote