View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 09:36 PM   #164
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
You’re missing the 6th amendment where you’re innocent until proven guilty. You naturally assume that someone who isn’t wearing a mask is infected and spreading the virus until you can prove that you’re not getting sick standing near them 10 days later.

A massive point that many pro-mask people are missing is that not all of those who don’t wear masks aren’t being self righteous jerks who don’t care about others. Some have other ailments that prevent them from wearing masks, have experienced trauma in life that renders them mental anguish to wear a mask, and/or some people have issues like claustrophobia or panic attacks that keep the, from being able to wear a mask.

Additionally, there’s studies that show negative psychological impact to kids wearing masks. There’s other studies about the reduced oxygen impact, others yet that show the inability to actually filter the particle size that spreads the illness, and others yet that show how bad people who use masks improperly use the masks themselves (repeated use of single use masks, exposure to extreme heat/sunlight, improper wearing of said mask, etc.).

Just because the government tells you to do something doesn’t always mean it’s the best thing to do. Look at Venezuela, Cuba, 1930’s Germany, or Russia under Stalin.
I assume nothing. No one is on trial. I'm vaccinated and wear a mask. I do this to protect my son who isn't old enough to get the vaccine yet. I also do it because while I am vaccinated, it is possible for me to be asymptomatic. I do it because it's my responsibility as a member of society.

My wife has Cystic Fibrosis and her lungs operate at around 60% capacity. She wears an N95 mask everyday in her classroom. While I concur that there are folks that have medical issues that prevent them from wearing a mask, it's not as many that make that claim.

My wife and I are both educators. I've seen the studies you’re referring to. I question their data collection methods.

And my reason for wearing a mask doesn't come from the government, it comes from a team of respiratory doctors from UPenn, who treat my wife's condition.