View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 02:18 PM   #120
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
If you make everything about saving lives, and try to sanitize this cruel world so that nothing bad happens, you will live in a very highly controlled, communistic police type environment. It's easy for people to take the high road and claim they're all about saving lives, while they're also enjoying freedoms this great country has to offer. The thing about freedom is that there are risks that come with it, and we must be willing to accept those risks to be free. I accept the risk every time I get in a car that I could get hit by a drunk driver, or a teenage girl on her cellphone.

There is no in between. You're either going to live free and have to put up with some risks, or you're going to be entirely miserable living under someone else's control, that makes decisions about what is safe and what isn't. I think some people would do well to spend some time, in the type of environment they indicate they would like to see, and then they might appreciate these freedoms a little more, and understand that risks must come with freedom. None of this covid stuff is any different. Its called CHOICE. Its called FREEDOM. Its called being a free AMERICAN.