View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 08:45 PM   #11
Checkmate1

Drives: Garnet Red / ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Why would GM build another Camaro? All these guys on here do is talk down the prices of them. GM could build a 750 HP beast that handles like the ZLE and it could destroy the GT500 and RE and everything else and people here will be all "oh it isn't worth that much money" and "I got mine brand new for $40K OTD" and "you should talk them down" and "that price is way too high". With the mentality of the Camaro guys on here these days GM would not stand to make any money at all. Meanwhile you'll never hear the GT500 guys say their cars aren't worth whatever. Hell, those guys will straight up tell you that $10K over MSRP is a great deal and to jump on it right now. So not for nothing, if it were up to me at GM, I wouldn't put out anything other than what is already available. People don't appreciate Camaros and are not willing to pay a fair price even when the competition is charging thousands of dollars more for lesser performing lesser optioned cars.

FTR, putting the LT5 in the Camaro wuld likely mean an increase in MSRP of at least $10K. Not one of these people on here besides myself and a handful of others would be willing to pay that. It is not marketable at all. Otherwise we would have been done had a LT5 powered Camaro a long time ago. These people don't even wanna pay MSRP right now despite the fact that people are paying a higher MSRP for the damn GT350. So again, why would GM bother doing anything else when it isn't gonna bring them any money from this crop of buyers?
This man speaks the truth!