View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 06:18 PM   #28
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
Thanks for posting! Yeah, I still haven't gotten it to work consistently. I'll have to retry now.

I guess I kinda gave up on it, because I found another way. I think my method may be even faster and easier. I've not tried the various drive modes, to know if it works in any mode, but I know for sure it works in Sport. Simply, very quickly tap the gas peddle to the floor and it will drop to the lowest gear and hold it, but won't accelerate, since you're not holding the peddle down. As long as you accelerate within 7 seconds, it won't upshift. If it happens to upshift before you go, simply tap it to the floor again. If you want to make sure it doesn't upshift, you can always pull the shifter to manual, then push it back to auto when you go, if you want the car to shift for you.
The accelerator tap (Performance shift mode) works in both Sport and Track modes. I prefer this mode for roll racing as I find it faster than holding the paddle for 3 seconds. Also both methods work on the A8 as well.

Last edited by MakCamaro; 06-25-2021 at 11:06 AM.
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote