View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 01:21 AM   #10
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
I haven't tried all off or PTM Race. I have been safe and using Sport 1, but I actually prefer Sport 2. Funny how on the last open lapping day, I spun out in Sport 1 but didn't have much issue with Sport 2. Maybe it's the old saying that you can't predict what the stability control(or in this case, Active Handling) is doing for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
All part of the learning, and I commend you for turning the nannies off. I'm still pretty new to this (lots of computer sim time but not a ton of track events yet) and am trying to use Sport 1 while accelerating just below where the TCS kicks in (but not always successful, as I learn when watching the PDR playback).

I would like to make a suggestion to you in managing a spin: If the rear steps out under acceleration, you should not lift off the throttle as you counter steer. Instead, leave the throttle in the position it was in right before the car started to rotate. By lifting off the throttle, you are transferring weight toward the front of the car, which unloads the rear wheels and makes it that much harder to catch by counter steering. Keeping the throttle steady (where it was prior to the spin) will keep the front/rear loading steady and remove one variable from the rotation (spin) so that you only have to contend with using the steering wheel to correct it.
The theory is sound, but when your car is spinning out, you would really have to be experienced to know what to do exactly. What OP did was definitely not optimal, but I am not sure if I would have reacted any better in their shoes.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote