View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 11:29 AM   #657
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
They added new services like Spotify, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, games, etc. You can control many features right from the app on your phone and you can see the car on a satellite map in real-time and the speed it is traveling at. The list goes on and on. As you mentioned, this is where GM and all other automakers have their work cut out for them as Tesla has changed the game in this area.
Treating a car like a mobile living room that needs a desktop really turns me off, i have zero interest in that. I drive to connect myself with the road and remove myself from being on the computer all day at work. I hope future GM driving enthusiast oriented vehicles don't follow down the path of removing the driver interaction from actual driving.

That doesn't mean i don't want tech. I want the technology that connects me to driving like the HUD for example (something i don't think you'll find on a tesla!). There's probably other ways we could use tech to enhance driving, like enhancing the feedback from the steering wheel to encode more information than before. Maybe new visual representations of things like slip angle in vehicle HUD.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote