View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 08:45 AM   #3
Camaro_Fuzion

Drives: 2022 Chevy Camaro 2SS Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post
Not sure how the laws are in Texas but where I am you will need to complete a bill of sale with the person you sold it to and they will need to do one for their family member between them. He may be trying to get out of any taxes involved in it. I would’ve completed one the first time but that ship has sailed. Not saying you done anything wrong or placing blame so don’t take it that way. The bill is sale should state “sold as is” no warranty on the one you have with him.
Exactly! I will make a bill of sale for him only. I really think he is trying to avoid Texas sales tax because he is not planning on keeping the car to drive now. I'm not sure but you can never be to careless in knowing the best laws and practices to avoid issues later on. It could be as simple as me making out the bill of sale to his family member so he can avoid the sale tax. He would avoid the sales tax on $5K I could mark what ever price I want for his family member to lower their sales tax on the bill of sale. Man, that car will need new airbags installed and other work to pass inspection. That is not my problem anymore now.
Camaro_Fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote