View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 03:00 AM   #347
Paul_S

Drives: 2016 2SS
Hey everyone, sorry that I have not kept up with this thread. My last post was back in January after my torque converter was replaced. Please see my last post for more details.

After you have received your first flush with HP fluid, my 2016 took ~3000 miles before the shudder came back permanently. Please try to get those miles on it as quickly as you can, if the clutch is damaged the problem will return. I felt very short instances of shudder at 2500 then at ~3000 it was permanent. You’ll know it when it starts acting up again and you want to be able to show the problem has persisted. Once the shudder returns work with your dealer to get the torque converter replaced.

I have ~2900 miles on my new TC and not even a hint of the shudder returning, it’s been really good and so far I am pleased with the results. It’s been so nice to drive around and not worry about it. There is light at the end of this nightmare but, as mentioned, you have to find a reputable dealer and have patience. Nothing pissed me off more than this A8 shudder but patiently working with my dealer to get through the problem was a win for everyone.
Paul_S is offline   Reply With Quote