View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 08:27 PM   #5
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
I went with E85 for more reasons than just for power. I am running a stock SS fuel pump and 70lb injectors. No issues. Of course I have a flex fuel sensor installed. Which you need, unless you will strictly use e85, then you just tune for that fuel.

I am running the GMPP timing chain. It's cheaper and a stout piece made for racing. I am using an Ls2 tensioner. It is more noisy as it doesn't apply direct pressure on the chain. But you won't be able to tell.

As for oil pumps. I would definitely replace while your in there. You can use a hi pressure/volume of you want. A lot of that depends on your build. If your staying with a basic ls3, just get the melling factory replacement. If you plan on running hard and keeping the RPMs high. Get a hi pressure/volume pump. That will help against oil cavitation at high RPMs.

Get new lifters if you haven't already. The GMPP racing lifters are great for the money. Look exactly like Johnsons but cheaper.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote