Thread: Paint damage
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 05:27 PM   #1
Hekate1

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Paint damage

The other day I noticed what looked like a light splashing of dirty or slightly muddy water on my car’s front end. Washed it off and this is what was underneath. I took it to my favorite body shop. They tried buffing and a little wet sand with absolutely no improvement whatsoever. The guy there asked if I could have possibly gotten concrete on the car as the acidity will do this to the clear coat. As a matter of fact a local business I drive past daily had just had a new driveway installed with, you guessed it, concrete. Two days in a row they were watering it down as I drove by with water out into the road. I’m so upset as I’ve had the car for only about 6 weeks. Body guy also recommended vinegar and water solution but it’s too late. So from now on I’ll be avoiding any fresh concrete pours or rinsing it off immediately if I think I might have gotten something on it. It’s also on the matte hood wrap.
Sorry the pics r sideways. This was an otherwise pristine shadow grey metallic. These are raised spots as opposed to depressions.
You may have to zoom in to see them
Attached Images

Last edited by Hekate1; 08-31-2020 at 07:02 PM.
Hekate1 is offline   Reply With Quote