View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 03:07 PM   #11
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
The handling effects are superior. I know you have slight sarcasm here, but you do preach OEM a little too hard sometimes. OEM is a compromise plain and simple of price/reliability/comfort/performance. Sometimes when going aftermarket you have to do a little extra work. I'm sure BMR didn't test these to the extent we are on the track. They will probably get mad at me for this thread, but it is a real problem for anyone tracking their bars and i think they should hire me as a test driver

Pretty sure my solution is going to work, but i did drive it last night and it was still rattling. So i think i need to actually remove the bar from the car and grind the entire circumference of the bushing shoulder down for clearance.

Also another possible fix here that my friend was running (only for 2 trackdays so not proven yet as the normal bushings sometimes lasted 2 days) is another 32mm bushing set from Energy Suspension (who BMR uses) that uses a much smaller (less give) bushing and mount. I think it is this one https://energysuspension.com/energy-...mm?search=32mm With less bushing deflection the narrow bracket may be enough for the bushing to withstand the stresses.

Now that i am on their site looking at it, depending on dimensions these Mustang bushings look like they are wider and could be a perfect fit for the stock Camaro brackets. https://energysuspension.com/energy-...ch=32mm&page=2

Yeah BMR tried to sell me those as well and I didn't bite because they don't fix the problem. Badmojo bought those brackets and his still blew out because they aren't any wider. More surface area to support the bushing is needed to lower the stresses, which is why i am doing this with the stock bracket.

Perhaps you can cut the stock bushings off of the swaybar without ruining them, but they aren't removable. They are either bonded or glued on.
I am of the opinion that if you are a performance shop and manufacturing performance parts, you should damn well be doing rigorous testing on said parts in track setting environments.

Especially a big name like BMR and for parts that will see performance driving duty. The number of performance shops out there these days that care just as much about the quality of the stuff they make as they do about the bottom line are becoming very rare indeed.

It is for this reason I try to stay with OEM or OEM specced performance parts.

Before I got my ZL1 1LE solid cradle bushings, I went back and forth between their lockout kit and while I know there have not been issues with those, I ultimately went with OEM performance parts for this very reason.

I have had more headaches than I care to remember when dealing with the aftermarket, from spacers, to coilovers, to sway bars. It is hard to sway from the OEM performance parts (if they are offered for your particular vehicle) because they have to meet certain quality and have more R&D into them.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote