View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 09:20 AM   #21
LaN-

Drives: 2014 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie14 View Post
This may be an obvious question. Is the crank pulley what determines the amount of psi for the blower? Or is that tuned? I guess the real question is, what difference does the size of the pulley make. I see so many size options and I am not sure which I should get.
I was going to roll with stock, but if I have to take it apart to change I think I better do this now.
TLDR - The pulley size determines how fast the supercharger spins.......how much air it moves.......how much boost it makes. Get a 2 piece pulley between 2.75" - 3"

Although the boost level itself is ultimately a result of the efficiency of the motor the pulleys determine how fast the blower spins which results in how much air it moves. The more air it moves the more boost it will create. That being said you can change either the crank pulley or the supercharger pulley to change the boost level. It easiest to change the supercharger pulley.

To give you more reference.......I'm on the stock crank pulley and stock supercharger pulley. I'm seeing 5-6PSI with that setup. If i didn't have ported heads or an NA cam I'd more than likely see a higher number, but all that matters is the power to the ground not what my boost gauge says.

The stock pulley is roughly 3" so get 2 piece pulley around 2.75"-3". This way when you want more power in the future its a simple swap of the supercharger pulley and a shorter belt.....and a tune lol.

628/525

Suspension: Koni orange, (BMR everything) 1" drop springs, toe rods, trailer arms, non adjustable LCR, FE4 sway bars, sub frame connectors, delrin sub frame bushing and upper control arm bushings. Front bushings.
LaN- is offline   Reply With Quote