View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 06:53 PM   #9
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by vr46 View Post
Older post above...Curious if anyone has flipped the F1's since this was posted. Would love to hear the results. Otherwise, will call Goodyear this week to learn if that's possible.
I have flipped my front G3's and G3R's on the rim almost every time. It usually gets me one more weekend out before I have corded the outer or inner section. The rears wear very evenly for me if I just rotate wheels / tires side-to-side (like I do the fronts, too).

I go through a lot of tires, and fronts at two to three times the rate of rears even with flipping them on the rim. However, these are used for only track tires (usualy driven to / from track events if dry) - and not for daily driving. I have Michelin MPSS & MP4S for that.

That said, a flipped tire in the wet is not what you want as the sipes will be backwards. I doubt you'd get a tire manufacturer of a true DOT street tire to say it's okay to flip a tire. We run on track at our own risk, so, do what you want based on your data / info, not just what one post says.

By the way, Goodyear's online CHAT & 800# sucks. They told me that they did not make G3's nor G3R's even months after they were already on cars being shipped by GM. When I tried calling them earlier this year (and chatting) about the new sizes coming out for both tires, I got as "good" of information out of them as I would have talking to my cat.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote