View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 05:40 PM   #23
Katech_Zach

Drives: 14 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
I've been going back and forth with one of the popular tuners/builders on this forum on a build. Based upon their quotes, it has me completely rethinking my entire game plan. I currently have a deposit down on a C8 Z51. But I'm heavily considering getting a C7Z, instead. My wife, however, would much prefer that I build my Camaro.

I'm scouring the field at the moment to see what's out there and if I think it's worth keeping the car. I've seen your guys' previous 427 builds and prices. I like the engine but the cost is always a shock. With this engine, you have my attention again but, I won't run the Holley intake, largely due to the hoods required to clear it. Also, how much will the headers from Kooks cost that are required for these heads? It may just boil down to cost and viability, as to what choice I end up making.
Very understandable. I'll shoot you a PM to help provide any information that I can offer.

I was in the same boat not too long ago, It was between keeping my 5th gen or upgrading to a 6th. I am now in the process of building an NA LS9 416 road race engine for the 5th gen...
Katech_Zach is offline   Reply With Quote