View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 10:48 PM   #22
E30Delara

Drives: 2014 Summit White ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
More filter media for better filtration and a longer change interval is the normal response, but I believe it depends on the surface area of filtration inside the filter. A longer filter doesn't necessarily mean more surface area in all cases. Plus, you have to make sure the filter bypass pressure is the same or close to the same as stock. In our case, the darn thing hangs down so low, I stopped my investigation there. LOL.

On the Melling, it runs a little higher pressure than the stock LSA/DOD pump.
After all your guy's help, I think I was just being paranoid. I seem to be in-line or higher, when comparing to other ZL1's. Thanks for putting me at ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
Also- love the headlights! Been debating about those and some 6th gen tail lights...
Thanks! I really do like my headlights, but wish they were better quality. Projectors could be better, might switch them out with some better ones. As for the LED accent, the material they used has a slight blue/lavender hue to it, I thought it would have been white. When taking pictures, it looks a lot more white than IRL. When/if they come out with better ones, I'll get them, these will do for now. They made ones for Non-ZL1 '14-'15, those look WAY nicer, I'll see if I can find a pic of those, and take a pic of mine for you to compare and see what I mean.

Although, I do like the looks of the 6th Gen Style Tails for our cars, I didn't want to make it too much like a 6th Gen, I like our tail lights too.