View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 08:43 AM   #29
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Of the big 3 5th gens Z28 ,Zl1, and SS 1Le the last to hit their sticker price again will be the Z28 , it just has a huge uphill battle and there is still a lack of interest in them.
The 5th gen Z28 would have to hit the $2 to 8 million mark to do what the 1st gens did in value, that will never happen. The 5th gen SS 1Le i think will have the best return in value , when you see any Camaro from 3rd and 4th gens going for bigger money they are usually a 1Le . So if someone has a 2013 Crystal Red 1SS 1Le and plan not to put miles on it , then that car may double or triple the sticker price decades before the Z28 . As great as the Z28 was for that short time it will always have more strikes against it then for it .
Lack of interest? Some of you guys just see things in a different way. There has always been a tremendous amount of interest in the Z/28, it's just that the sticker price was way higher than most could or want to pay. How many McClaren's do they build a year? It must be from the lack of interest right? You're confusing interest with ability to purchase.

A 5th gen 1LE is never going to command big money. They are nothing like a 3rd gen 1LE. A 3rd gen 1LE was basically a skunk-works backdoor way to get a factory racecar to the public to allow it to race. Very few people knew how to get one, that's why they are so rare. 4th gen 1LE's were hardly changed from a regular Z28. The 5th gen 1LE was a $3500 option right in the brochure. I ordered mine with a few options and it was $39k. It will never get $39k for at least 30 years. The 5th gen 1LE's problem is that the 6th Gen 1LE is vastly superior.
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote