View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 08:02 AM   #151
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamst8 View Post
So this out to be interesting..my '16 2LT V6 just developed the shudder..and researching here says it has happened during manufacturer warranty period..I am at 82K miles...this is likely NOT gonna be a fix on GM's dime..anyone had experience with an out of warranty claim on this yet?
I'd go to the dealer and explain the issue to the service manager and ask if they will goodwill it. They will ask the factory rep and get an answer. Sometimes they will do it for free, sometimes they will split it or you pay parts and they will cover labor, or sometimes they will tell you to get lost. If that gets you nowhere contact GM directly and explain the issue and mention its a known issue with all A8's and see if they will help you any.

If you are polite and don't go in guns a blazing, most people will do what they can to help you out. Even if it's goodwill, it's making the dealer money so they want the business. But from experience, if you come in demanding this and that and telling them what they need to do, they will point at the 60k powertrain and tell you kick rocks.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote