Old 09-18-2018, 09:43 PM   #13
race2win

Drives: 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Some D Street video

East:

West:

D Street ran the east course second heat Tuesday and, I think, experienced the heaviest of the rain. I knew we were screwed on tires, so I was experimenting a bit running with all the nannies on first run, off second run, and planned on running what felt best third and hope for the best. I DNFed the first run between the second and third eyebrows when the car just wouldn't turn back to the left at all. I wasn't very aggressive on my second run (the video) and couldn't turn it on for my third run.

Pretty sure all of the Camaros were on 275 RE71Rs and they couldn't move any water. The other D Street cars were on much skinnier rubber and some of them on Contis. If I keep the car and run DS again next year, I'm going to put some skinnyish Contis on the OE wheels, which will have me bringing THREE sets of STREET tires to Lincoln.

Wednesday went much better, but started on a stressful note. My first run was timed as a 73.xxx, which I knew was very wrong when almost everyone else had run 63s-65s. Shortening a long story, I was given a rerun and everything worked out, but it was not the way I would have liked to start the day. The video is of my third scored run, a 63.538. It started misting right before my run and the course felt slicker than on the earlier runs, but not wet. It was going well until I got into the finish slalom tight, got late, couldn't catch up, and hit the brakes to keep from taking out the finish cones. Even with that, though, it may be the best run I've had at Nationals since 2005. Maybe ever. It was teh 10th fast time of the day and about 1.2 behind Finch's DS best time on the west course.

Also want to thank Mark Scroggs for his advice and support all year, Neil Britton for swapping his Focus ST for his Camaro the same day I did the same and keeping our competition going for another year, the Steaks for pushing Kevin and me locally and keeping us honest.

Anyway, thought I'd share.
You are very welcome Clyde, glad to have you, Neil and others in the class! I haven't given in to car-A.D.D and plan to bring the Camaro back for at least one more season, shocks and a bar are in the works so more info sharing to come!

In regards to tires...yes the Camaro drivers were outgunned Tuesday no doubt. I am talking with Bridgestone and the plan is to test S007A's this winter, likely in a very skinny size with tall-ish sidewalls I have that tire on my DD VW, so far so good...but it's not an autocross car More to come, stay tuned...

Mike...GREAT runs!
SCCA D-Street #49/149
stranoparts.com
Bridgestone Tires
race2win is offline   Reply With Quote