View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 08:42 AM   #32
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Theoretically, if your car has issues, now you know the specific 2 repairs to be performed.....as-per the Camaro engineering team. I’m not sure what you’re still upset about. Get a new TC and fresh updated fluid. I can understand some dissatisfaction from a newer car having a problem.....but here is a free fix being offered.

Maybe if I was in your shoes, I'd feel the same way. A10 ... nice.

Everyone on this site (that cares to look) was well informed of the A8 TSB's. So for me, it's not " now you know".

And I'm not upset, I'm disappointed. GM's telling us is that the fluid didn't meet correct slip requirements to protect the torque converters between x date and x date. However, you may or may not have issues. Just keep driving, wait and see, cross you fingers, you may or may not have a warrantee when it occurs (especially if you drive between 3-5K miles a year, like me)

GM - We've corrected the issue for dates after your car was built... so instead of being proactive, contacting customers and either changing the suspect fluid, or at a minimum visually inspecting it, at some reasonable mileage interval (which would take all of 10 minutes on lift) You have to drop your car off at the dealer (when shudder occurs), at a time that may be least convenient for you (in my case summer time). The tech will drive your car for who knows how many miles, at what speed and RPM, may feel the shudder and may or may not flush the system. If they do, the problem may or may not be resolved. So to avoid the hassle and to be proactive, should I instead pay to have the system flushed? I think not. Honestly, I wish they didn't answer the question....

If the fluid was the precipitating factor in TC failures, millions of cars, trucks and SUV's would have been sidelined. This is why I believe the words "initial finding" was inserted in reference to the fluid swap. The new fluid and flush certainly helps the resolve the issue, especially for those that have it done early on. But, it seems clear that it's was not the root cause.

Last edited by Chutzpah; 04-26-2018 at 10:50 AM.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote