View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 10:12 PM   #24
Omega

Drives: G8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
A couple of things , first that flywheel has burn marks all over it and that is from slipping, you mentioned you need to slip to get things to hook up, well that is the exact opposite of what really happens. The best traction you will get out of that flywheel is when its cold, because as it heats up and you have uneven surfaces on the flywheel the clutch material will just become hot and greasy against the flywheel and slip.

On the back side of the flywheel I cant tell if that is oil spinoff in the center or just clutch dust spinoff, rub your finger against and you will know.

Looking at that pilot bearing it looks as if someone has been in there before because it looks pretty banged up like someone tried to put it in with a hammer, or someone had the trans out and was banging against the bearing trying to get the trans back in. If you aren't the original owner then I suspect someone has been in there.

The oil on the seal cover is a little darker at the bottom of the seal compared to the top and the ends where the oil pans meets seem to maybe have some sign of RTP wear, but without being there its hard to tell.

The leak inside the trans bell housing has to be fixed, anything that gets to the clutch disc is always going to slip, so you should check on the trans clutch vent usually on the lower right side of the bell housing and it will have black clutch soot, but shouldn't have oil mixed in..
Hmm, makes sense that it shouldn't slip when hot.

The back of the flywheel has oil spin off.

Ignore the pilot bearing marks, that was a breif attempt to use the wrong tool to remove it. Im the only one who has been in the trans.

RTP? I agree, the bottom seam looks more damp than the rest. Sounds like its time to take the cover off, reseal the bottom and make sure the oil thermostat isn't screwing me.

I'll check out the vent too.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Omega is offline   Reply With Quote