CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Autos For Sale / Wanted (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   FEELER: 2022 900hp ZL1 1LE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=618855)

SOCAL.M6.ZLE 08-17-2023 04:40 PM

FEELER: 2022 900hp ZL1 1LE

10 Attachment(s)
Hey guys... I can't stop thinking about the CT5-V Blackwing...
I was wondering what everyone though I could get for my car, if I posted it for sale... is $90k in line?

General Stats:
2022 ZLE M6 with 3,500 miles +/-
Put down 750rwhp / 777rwhp (with belt slipping)
Mods in SIG + PPF + TINT + Ceramic Coating...
I have around $32,000 +/- into upgrades....

Cardiak 08-17-2023 05:47 PM

Watched your video on this car several times. I have screenshots of your parts list for the day I get to own of these lol. Amazing build. GLWS

SOCAL.M6.ZLE 08-17-2023 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardiak (Post 11348747)
Watched your video on this car several times. I have screenshots of your parts list for the day I get to own of these lol. Amazing build. GLWS

Thank you for the kind words... this car / project has been an absolute BLAST... Will likely get the Katech lowside soon, and then just putz around with 800rwhp for a while... or sell and get the BLACKWING... Stay tuned... Just curious on what resale is for this 1 of 1.

RamAir02 08-17-2023 06:26 PM

Dude, love your car, love the build, especially love the high quality photos throughout the build! And I get why you say $90k -- the car is worth every bit of that and more. However, you'll need a really special buyer to meet you at that price point. I suspect most folks won't bite. I wish that weren't true, but heavily modded cars never recoup the investment. Majority of the market is looking for a stock car. Those looking for a modified car aren't willing to pay a $15k - $20k markup.

I know you built it the right way, but there's a lot of perceived risk to a buyer.

arpad_m 08-17-2023 07:51 PM

Tossing her to the curb for a CT5-V? I mean, it's a nice sedan, but what does it offer that this beautiful monster can't do well? Back seats?

ZX-10R 08-24-2023 06:29 PM

Great car but mods don't add that kind of value - $75k

Jetrep 08-24-2023 08:09 PM

I enjoyed reading about this build. I personally could not part with it if it were mine!! With the zle no longer available new I think there is a buyer out there especially with the manual. I would have seriously considered this before I bought mine last April

sr71bb 08-24-2023 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE (Post 11348708)
Hey guys... I can't stop thinking about the CT5-V Blackwing...
I was wondering what everyone though I could get for my car, if I posted it for sale... is $90k in line?

General Stats:
2022 ZLE M6 with 3,500 miles +/-
Put down 750rwhp / 777rwhp (with belt slipping)
Mods in SIG + PPF + TINT + Ceramic Coating...
I have around $32,000 +/- into upgrades....

SOCAL, GREAT car you have there!!! Any way a general rule of them is you can only get probably 50% of the value of your mods if you sell them with the car. You limit your market of potential buyers when you modify your car obviously because most dealers will not touch a modified car especially if anything was done to defeat the emission system.

PLUS since the blue book value DOES NOT increase due to the mods, so someone who is going to finance your car needs much more cash to make the deal work.

So you need a buyer that is either a CASH buyer or has maybe 20K to finance the car with his CU or bank.

THAT's why you see so many people DE-MOD their car and then sell the pieces separately.

Of course DE-MODDING the car is a pain in the *ss as well. If you get a buyer though that would mod the car in a similar manner to the way you have already, then THAT would be the ticket.

KingLT1 08-27-2023 11:17 AM

You will be lucky to get blue book. Mods do not add value...if anything they detract value for the reasons mentioned above. Majority of buyers do not have cash and the bank isn't going to loan 20k over market value. You have to demod and sell or take the loss.

Either way, nice car and I would keep it. The Blackwing isn't that special. Had it come with a LT5 then I could see some sort of logic at play here.

ZX-10R 08-27-2023 12:31 PM

Blackwing has more prestige factor perhaps, but if that's why you're buying it, it will fade fast - it's the exact same car as a ZL1 with a nicer interior

Agree I would keep it, you have a well sorted car

Mike818 08-27-2023 01:50 PM

Generally mods make it worth less not more. You are adding risk into the deal, most people won't pay more for that. MFG Warranty and ability to pass emissions also has value.

Smokin19 08-27-2023 04:50 PM

Are you feeling a little overwhelmed with the power you now have? You made a solid build and sometimes for some it can be a bit much for the street. You really haven't had the build that long. It's natural to feel maybe you over did it but, think back to why you wanted this build. I have seen others regret their builds for various reasons sell it then regret it. Your choice of another car is almost an opposite of what you have now. You just might regret it.

Cardiak 08-27-2023 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin19 (Post 11352272)
Are you feeling a little overwhelmed with the power you now have? You made a solid build and sometimes for some it can be a bit much for the street. You really haven't had the build that long. It's natural to feel maybe you over did it but, think back to why you wanted this build. I have seen others regret their builds for various reasons sell it then regret it. Your choice of another car is almost an opposite of what you have now. You just might regret it.

This same build would be crazy with a Blackwing, though.

clg82 08-28-2023 03:26 PM

Take it to the track, you will have a new found love for what the 1LE is truly meant for.