Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   NPP Exhaust (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606338)

Camaro23$$ 06-07-2022 11:55 PM

NPP Exhaust

Hello, I thought I had read somewhere that the NPP exhaust on my 2013 ZL1 was a decent exhaust. That I could just do headers and leave the exhaust as it is adequate. Just want to make sure I’m remembering this correctly since I cant find the thread now.

Thanks in advance! Starting to look at doing some mods on my stock ZL1 so trying to choose what’s a priority and what isn’t.

Happy_Dan 06-08-2022 05:49 AM

I have the stock exhaust with headers and I think if I had anything else it would be too loud. It is still very loud when WOT! I am quite satisfied with the sound, but everyone is different. If you want obnoxious loud, you probably want a different exhaust.

Joe.G 06-08-2022 07:41 AM

I have the NPP with 1 7/8 LTH headers and Hi Flow cats. I have the Mild to Wild installed and leave the exhaust open most of the time ( I have it hooked to garage door opener buttons ) I really like the sound and see no reason to change it.

KaBoom1701 06-08-2022 10:24 AM

Leave it stock.

owhite3003 06-08-2022 01:30 PM

I dig the sound of the stock exhaust. I am running headers and catless.I also have my fused pulled. Sounds great with a cam and you don't pick up any hp with the axle back. I would put my money elsewhere. Enjoy that beast.

Robmnrd 06-10-2022 02:26 PM

+1 for headers and stock mufflers.

I've got that with hi-flow cats and the fuse pulled. I think it's basically perfect, though I would not mind a little more volume at idle and light acceleration. Nothing crazy, just a hair more would be perfect for me. The sound quality is great though, wouldn't change that for anything. Way better than all the Flowmaster Mustangs out there or even the muffler delete Mopars (most common ones around here).

DrkPhx 06-11-2022 10:02 AM

I run 2" headers with custom resonators in the place of the cats with a BBK x-pipe to the stock mufflers with a ADM exhaust controller. I really like the sound... no rasp with a good tone. I've tried multiple variations including catless pipes with the stock h-pipe and I like my current version the best.

sswt00ss 06-12-2022 10:51 AM

My ZL1 has Kooks LT's/ high-flow green cats, mated to the stock NPP w/ the fuse pulled. Perfect sound (for me). Minimal, if any drone and has a solid sound at WOT. Also get the burble and popping on decel.

PapaKlutch 06-12-2022 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro23$$ (Post 11184469)
Hello, I thought I had read somewhere that the NPP exhaust on my 2013 ZL1 was a decent exhaust. That I could just do headers and leave the exhaust as it is adequate. Just want to make sure I’m remembering this correctly since I cant find the thread now.

Thanks in advance! Starting to look at doing some mods on my stock ZL1 so trying to choose what’s a priority and what isn’t.

Keep the NPP. I run ARH headers, to their hi-flow cats, and their 3-inch X-pipe (AKA their Long System) to the NPP.

I have the Forza 3-way exhaust controller installed to force always open, always closed, or stock ECU control. Works great!

FasNuf 06-12-2022 08:37 PM

FasNuf is NPP. I like the sound of the stock mufflers catless with headers. It's just the right loudness with a nice tone and no drone. Opened up they're extremely loud and drone at highway speeds. A Mild 2 Wild isn't necessary, it's a simple grounding of a wire. No fuse pulling and no expensive hardware. A 2 or 3 way switch is all that's needed depending if you still want the factory auto mode.

Another shameless self promoting video is attached...

https://youtu.be/R1WfpAotXIY