CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   Opinion on mid-price tire coatings (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560432)

DarkCydeCA 08-16-2019 09:27 PM

Opinion on mid-price tire coatings

Was looking at TufShine but it's way outside my price range, at least what I'm comfortable paying.

Understanding that inexpensive products likely won't perform as well or last as long, just looking for opinions/outcomes for alternatives like Adam's Tire Armor.

Obviously I'm completely disregarding tire dressing sprays/foams like Armor All. I've used that garbage in the past on other vehicles and never going back. I'd rather leave the tire natural.

KirkH 08-16-2019 11:28 PM

Meguiar's Hot Shine Tire Coating. $5

DarkCydeCA 08-17-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkH (Post 10598460)
Meguiar's Hot Shine Tire Coating. $5

I've used their Hot Shine products in the past and found it way too glossy for my liking. Also didn't find it lasted very long, although it was better than some others.

If you've used any other products though Kirk, let me know. I'm not averse to spending some cash for good product and might wind up getting the TufShine anyway, just looking for less expensive alternatives.

KirkH 08-17-2019 10:28 PM

I like Adam's tire shine for just plain shine. Blackfire Wet Diamond Tire gel is pretty mellow.

retmil 08-18-2019 12:13 PM

I have been using Stoner's More Shine Less Time for close to 20 years on all my cars and it gives a satin looking coating without the glossy shine.

Glen e 08-18-2019 12:46 PM

TAC tire coating - lasts months, no gloss

Ryanbabz71 08-18-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkH (Post 10599109)
I like Adam's tire shine for just plain shine. Blackfire Wet Diamond Tire gel is pretty mellow.

Try the Adams tire armor

Ryan B.

wrankin 08-19-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkH (Post 10599109)

Kirk's guys washed my car at CF9 and I liked the way there was no gloss but yet the water would bounced right off the tire in huge beads when I hit it with a hose. I will get this when I run out of my regular stuff.

Bill

KirkH 08-19-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrankin (Post 10600258)
Kirk's guys washed my car at CF9 and I liked the way there was no gloss but yet the water would bounced right off the tire in huge beads when I hit it with a hose. I will get this when I run out of my regular stuff.

Bill

Yes we were using Adam's Tire SHine

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-tire-shine

rlarsen462 08-19-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 (Post 10599525)
Try the Adams tire armor

Ryan B.

Thought this was going to be the cats pajamas after I first tried it...then I realized when you get the tires hot it turns white and patchy and is a bitch to get off.

It's for cars that aren't driven very hard I'm guessing.

2SSAustin 08-21-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkCydeCA (Post 10598398)
Was looking at TufShine but it's way outside my price range, at least what I'm comfortable paying.

Understanding that inexpensive products likely won't perform as well or last as long, just looking for opinions/outcomes for alternatives like Adam's Tire Armor.

Obviously I'm completely disregarding tire dressing sprays/foams like Armor All. I've used that garbage in the past on other vehicles and never going back. I'd rather leave the tire natural.

I use Obssssd Tire Satin finish looks amazing last along time and repels dust and water

NeverDie 09-06-2019 12:29 PM

CarPro PERL diluted 1:1

Protects, doesn't sling, doesn't turn colors, lasts, easy to apply, matte finish. What else do you want?

The bottle itself is a concentrate, so you can mix this ratio in a small bottle then mix up a 4:1 ratio in a spray bottle to coat your engine components while detailing that area... 6:1 for interior plastics, treat the rubber seals, etc.

Sometimes buying on the stated price doesn't get you the best value, something to consider.

Markoz28 09-07-2019 10:35 AM

Chemical guys VRP. Depending on the amount or coats you put will determine how much gloss. No problems with slinging but it doesn’t last very long, about 2 weeks. Doesn’t matter to me as I wash my car at least that often if not once a week.