Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Worse sound audio with PAK kit (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530339)

SRTLOL 05-30-2018 11:08 PM

Worse sound audio with PAK kit

So I installed a song xav100 double din head unit with the PAC kit. I have the Boston acoustic system and after the install it seems like the bass is gone and the audio quality has gone a little down hill. I used butt connectors to make the connections and I'm thinking about reading it. And ideas on where to start? It sounds more gritty and kinda lack luster compared to when I had the stock radio installed.

43Camaro 05-30-2018 11:17 PM

Same thing happened to me. Same PAK also, I gave up and just told myself to go back to stock or redo the entire system. I rewired and looked at everything with the same results. I believe it’s the PAK kit not the head unit..

BAD DAB 05-31-2018 06:56 AM

I was told that the factory BA amp does not work well with aftermarket head units. Running a aftermarket amp should solve the problem. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheap Guy 05-31-2018 11:07 AM

Try reading through this thread - it's kind of long but it will help you fix the problem.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...ht=aftermarket

Basically you should try swapping the connector from amped to non-amped.

beak81champ 05-31-2018 05:21 PM

This ^^^

TheFlyingBananaSS 05-31-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy (Post 10203409)

Basically you should try swapping the connector from amped to non-amped.

NAILED IT!!!

snarky 05-31-2018 07:46 PM

I only have the base speakers but when i hooked my iPhone USB into the mylink or whatever it is called I have what I'd call amazing sound. Very impressed. FM radio always sucked. XM was much better. But the USB set up is best of all. Serious bass. Makes the rearview mirror jiggle. Better than Apple CarPlay.

43Camaro 05-31-2018 08:10 PM

Just fixed my problem. Change the plug..

Quote from link given above!!

Nevermind, I have FINALLY found the answer. I tried different things, none were working. As I was scratching my head looking at the PAC device, thinking something was wrong with it, I realized that one plug from the main harness (the factory sound plug) can fit into 2 different connector holes.

Sure enough, it was plugged in the wrong one... After redoing all the cables for 2 hours, I plugged everthing back and it works perfectly. In my defense, their schematic on the manual/guide is wrong; it does show the plug connected on the bottom left instead of the bottom right. However, what I had missed is that they are labelled. The amp functions exactly as it did before again, I'm very happy.

Now, I can't finish mounting the whole thing because trying the stereo 3 mins emptied my battery. It's like a never ending story!

Thank you all for all the help. I hope this can help someone else one day

Leo72793 06-01-2018 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 43Camaro (Post 10204009)
Just fixed my problem. Change the plug..

Quote from link given above!!

Nevermind, I have FINALLY found the answer. I tried different things, none were working. As I was scratching my head looking at the PAC device, thinking something was wrong with it, I realized that one plug from the main harness (the factory sound plug) can fit into 2 different connector holes.

Sure enough, it was plugged in the wrong one... After redoing all the cables for 2 hours, I plugged everthing back and it works perfectly. In my defense, their schematic on the manual/guide is wrong; it does show the plug connected on the bottom left instead of the bottom right. However, what I had missed is that they are labelled. The amp functions exactly as it did before again, I'm very happy.

Now, I can't finish mounting the whole thing because trying the stereo 3 mins emptied my battery. It's like a never ending story!

Thank you all for all the help. I hope this can help someone else one day

Was about to say check the plugs lol. Ive done 10 of these things and they all sound fantastic! ( with a decent head unit attached )

SRTLOL 06-01-2018 10:05 AM

Thanks for yp ur help guys! I'm going to try swapping the plug over to the non amp plug and see how that goes. Next if that doesn't work I will try switching the amps.