Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mustang beats Corvette! (Car and Driver Magazine) (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435854)

CapeCruisin 01-09-2016 02:25 PM

Mustang beats Corvette! (Car and Driver Magazine)

3 Attachment(s)
Looks the the Corvette beat the Mustang in most actual performance metrics, except being "fun to drive"??

Wut!

Took a pic of the back of the magazine too, haha...makes sense now...

SpeedIsLife 01-09-2016 02:51 PM

Pretty much exactly what happened with the GT500 vs ZL1...the numerically lesser vehicle was declared winner due to arbitrary and subjective, non-quantitative terms like "fun","essence" and "spirit".

rontammy0 01-09-2016 03:50 PM

I dont consider a the "as tested price something to consider when it come to the driving experience.....that should be in cost of ownership score.Which they don't seem to have...therefore making the Vette the winner.����

WVracer 01-09-2016 04:01 PM

Also sounds like the z28 vs gt350r which I feel was heavily biased by the driver, the gt350r is badass I do have to admit

ssrs2lt 01-09-2016 04:08 PM

I don't hate ford, it's legit BUT measuring fun for the win?? I wish I could win the lottery based on fun lol

strykerg8gt 01-09-2016 04:49 PM

I read that a few days ago and they have "Handling" as a subjective/qualitative not quantitative measurement. I'm not sure why since they also have "Ride" as another measurement. Looking at the numbers the Vette clearly out-handled the Mustang. I can see how they could have "Ride" as subjective but "Handling" is clearly a quantitative measurement since they have data for it from the skidpad.

It also out-braked the Mustang but apparently the 20+ feet it beat it by didn't help it in the "Brake Feel" measurement either. If you read the 2014 review of the Vette in their Lightning Lap issue they described "Steering" as being excellent yet they ripped the Vette for that in this issue. Kinda flip flopped on that one. If they had held true to their original reviews for the Vette it would have easily won this comparison.

They are constantly contradicting themselves in this magazine. I don't subscribe to it but occasionally I will read some of their arbitrary articles just to see what brand is sponsoring the magazine that month.

clashley1976 01-09-2016 05:49 PM

I read that article the other day (I have a subscription)... C&D is definitely subjective and I hardly consider them to be the definitive authority on much of anything, but the photography is pretty good and my kid likes looking at "dad's car magazines." They did concede that the Corvette was a better touring car. That being said, it's a BS comparison, since the market audience for the two cars is so different.

Is it a great magazine? Nope, but it's ok to read while I'm in the shitter.

i2disturbedSS 01-10-2016 12:37 AM

A Win is a Win.

Didn't read the article but maybe they are saying the Corvette is more challenging to drive.

TheReaper 01-10-2016 10:26 AM

Maybe C&D will have a Camaro vs Ford GT comparison in the future.:pound:

SpeedIsLife 01-10-2016 10:27 AM

Question for you folks....

Is Car and Driver only a legitimate magazine when GM products win? I don't seem to recall anyone balking at the magazine when the 6th Gen dominated the Mustang...

Shark72 01-10-2016 10:47 AM

Subjective testing = inaccurate results (Mustang win).
Performance testing = accurate results (Corvette win).

ilirg 01-10-2016 11:12 AM

Ford and Driver!!! J/K lol

mt3130 01-10-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife (Post 8833692)
Question for you folks....

Is Car and Driver only a legitimate magazine when GM products win? I don't seem to recall anyone balking at the magazine when the 6th Gen dominated the Mustang...

It's hard to take the "performance" comparison seriously when the Mustang was awarded 5 points more than the C7 for being a cheaper car, especially when the final spread was 2 points.

Also, 0 points were given to both cars for rebates. The C7 is easily attainable at invoice, while the GT350 is exclusively available above MSRP. That doesn't seem like a push to me.

How did the GT350 get a better score for transmission than the C7? If both were automatics, the C7 is miles better. If both were manuals, then the C7 still has a better transmission. The GT350 uses the same transmission as the V6 Camaro.

The next issue is with braking. The C7 has measurably better brakes than the GT350, but they opted for "braking feel" over using actual statistics, which would prove the C7 stops better.

The problem with this comparison is that the author opted to use mostly subjective comparison items when there are objective measures available for many of the categories that were evaluated subjectively. Braking, handling, and transmission categories could all be objective, but are not.

IamR3D88 01-10-2016 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReaper (Post 8833691)
Maybe C&D will have a Camaro vs Ford GT comparison in the future.[emoji14]ound:

And although the GT will most likely beat it in any test, the Corvette will win due to price... Lmfao

2015 Camaro 2LT/RS