Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   security system (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350117)

Bulos 03-29-2014 11:58 PM

security system

The 2LT package is mostly stuff I can live without but the enhanced security system and especially the head up display are tempting but 4K is hard to justify. Thoughts? :help:

rrod436 04-02-2014 08:37 PM

Like Nike used to say....just do it.

Nate GM 04-03-2014 01:05 AM

It's up to you but I would definitely go with the 2LT package. It adds a ton of great amenities and technology that will enhance your everyday driving experience. HUD will be used every time that you drive and the enhanced theft deterrent package will make you sleep a little better at night. All of the other options are great as well, especially the ventilated seats in the summer time.

If you're going to spend $60-70k on a car, then you might as well get exactly what you want and not have any regrets. Hope that helps!

Bulos 04-03-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate GM (Post 7549328)
It's up to you but I would definitely go with the 2LT package. It adds a ton of great amenities and technology that will enhance your everyday driving experience. HUD will be used every time that you drive and the enhanced theft deterrent package will make you sleep a little better at night. All of the other options are great as well, especially the ventilated seats in the summer time.

If you're going to spend $60-70k on a car, then you might as well get exactly what you want and not have any regrets. Hope that helps!

I appreciate the reply and input. I am almost 67 and survived without HUD and ventilated/heated seats all these years. If this makes any sense I want a degree of roughness in this car. I well remember driving my brother's 66' 427 in the late 60's and I want to relive that. I am going to put my extra pennies on the crystal red paint, black wheels, Z51 pkg and performance exhaust.
:cool:

jrock 04-03-2014 10:17 PM

just get the 1LT security option.......manual transmission

Bulos 04-03-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrock (Post 7552102)

yes for me the 7 speed manual is a must .....I am guessing 6th and 7th are for very high speed travel or eco cruising?

C7Driver 04-04-2014 01:34 AM

Not sure about the 1LT security system but the 2LT system protects against someone jacking up the car to steal the tires. I set my alarm off (the car was locked) when I jacked up one side to remove a tire. The wheel was just off the ground when the alarm went off. :thumbsup:

Hulkamaniac 04-04-2014 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C7Driver (Post 7552344)
Not sure about the 1LT security system but the 2LT system protects against someone jacking up the car to steal the tires. I set my alarm off (the car was locked) when I jacked up one side to remove a tire. The wheel was just off the ground when the alarm went off. :thumbsup:

I better get some Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts as a back up.

Bulos 04-04-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrock (Post 7552102)

I am curious as to your reasoning that leads you to this conclusion?

Nate GM 04-04-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulos (Post 7553627)
I am curious as to your reasoning that leads you to this conclusion?

I'm guessing he means that not many people who are trying to rob the car will know how to drive a manual transmission. Thus, making it difficult to drive off with your car :)

Bulos 04-04-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate GM (Post 7554256)
I'm guessing he means that not many people who are trying to rob the car will know how to drive a manual transmission. Thus, making it difficult to drive off with your car :)

:thumb: ahhhhhhhhhh ingenious never thought of that!

Bulos 09-03-2014 12:26 AM

well my Stingray is slated for the assembly line 9/15 week and I did order the 2LT after all. The main reason was the enhanced security system and resale value. Only a small percentage of the ones sold in 2014 were 1LT.

binko 09-03-2014 07:48 AM

I was not used to a HUD display either, however I am really happy to have one in my 2LT.
I don't know if it's just me or if anyone else finds the same thing, however I find the speedometer on the instrument panel very hard to read at a quick glance. I have the center display set to show speed as well as the HUD.

Kinney 09-03-2014 10:25 AM

First time user of the HUD (and Corvette). Would not get another car without it. Increases safety and the driving pleasure factor. I have the 2T and it is perfect for me.