Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Corsa C7 update! (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338862)

weaponX 01-24-2014 04:22 PM

Corsa C7 update!

Video here: CORSA C7

I spent some time today with one of the engineers at Corsa getting an update for you guys!

First, then when:
- They're actively working on their exhaust and expect to get them available by 4/1.

The price:
- Expect a 10-15% MSRP increase over the C6 system. A good dealer can obv help you here. ;)

The what:
- There will be two models for the mufflers to choose from similar to the C6, the Sport and the Extreme.
- They're considering doing a cat back with an X pipe - it is undecided whether this will be standard in the kit or an option like in the past.
- They're definitely doing 4 square laser cut tips to match the opening in the bumper, which will be beautiful IMO.
- They're not sure if they'll offer the round tips for the kit for the traditionalists.
- There currently is no option to retain the active exhaust.
- The Sport and Extreme is a little louder than the current C6 versions but as a Corvette enthusiast, he loved the new sound!
- Installation will most like require cutting the stock exhaust out unless you want to remove the rear valence due to it going through the bumper opposed to under.

Notes:
- I conveyed to them that the X pipe should be an option as some guys might not want to spend the additional money on the X pipe and might keep them from purchasing it.
- I also told them if not permitting the retention of the active exhaust to control the sound, they should consider a resonator option for those that want to run their exhaust with headers and still maintain some civility at times. He is going to bring that up in their next engineering meeting to see if they might offer that as an option.

Your thoughts, wishes, concerns before the fat lady sings? ;)

weaponX 01-25-2014 07:14 PM

80+ views and not a single comment or suggestion? are you guys alive out there? lol

mowilson329 01-25-2014 07:44 PM

VERY NICE!! Definitely a mod on my list.

When I ordered my Z51 I skipped the NPP dual exhaust because I wanted to go with a good after-market option. I also like the option for the black tips! I want one that sounds amazing when you get on it, but doesn't drone you out at cruising speed or wake the neighbors when I leave in the morning....LOL

mikeSS 01-26-2014 04:23 PM

I wonder what would be cheaper. for the exhuast to come with a x pipe or just do after market x pipe step up .

Stingray 03-12-2014 09:54 PM

Corsa's latest update on release of the C7 performance exhaust is:
"We hope to have an exhaust system for the C7 available by May. We will offer a couple different tips options and an optional x-pipe. Our system will not have a dual mode."

:pop2:

Plus their teaser vid...

Stingray 04-20-2014 08:05 AM

This vid is even better.... good info and reveal!

zimm888 04-20-2014 04:06 PM

Sounds soooo dirty!!

Stingray 04-21-2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimm888 (Post 7596976)
Sounds soooo dirty!!

:thumbsup:

purpleRac3r 04-25-2014 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good news! Corsa released pricing at the Bash! The setup uses the stock over-axle section that contains the V4 resonator valve, so the axle-back part is just under $1800 with polished stainless tips. There are optional black chrome tips (close match to the trim around the fascia opening) that are an additional $200. And finally a double x-pipe that runs under the torque tube, and will run $600.

zimm888 04-25-2014 08:56 PM

Looks great, can't wait to hear reviews on this system from members. Especially to find out what drone is like.

purpleRac3r 04-25-2014 09:03 PM

The gentleman manning the booth claims there is no annoying drone. He said they spent a lot of time during testing to eliminate it. We'll see - I'm pre-ordering the axle back setup in the morning!

Stingray 04-25-2014 10:05 PM

Any hp & tq increase info?

purpleRac3r 04-27-2014 09:20 AM

Yes: up to +20 peak HP & +15 peak torque. No tune needed. I believe that's if you get the axle back and double x-pipe together. No numbers mentioned for just the axle back portion.

Rirenterc7 04-30-2014 10:07 PM

Do you have to cut the stock exhaust off before the forward butterfly valve?