Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   This site is down... (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616400)

JSH 05-22-2023 08:48 AM

This site is down...

Again, why is this site's functionality down so often? It becomes unresponsive at least once a week. Are they not paying their bills? :bonk:

Wyzz Kydd 05-22-2023 09:00 AM

Seems like every night it goes down.

bigd1276 05-22-2023 09:23 AM

I’ve come to the conclusion after 14+ years on this site that the Administrator doesn’t care. Communication is non existent.

302crossram 05-22-2023 10:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1127555

Rob99 05-22-2023 11:39 AM

Wonder if the sister site https://www.ft86club.com/forums/ is having any issues?? i took a quick scan of topics and didn't see any.

Overflow 05-22-2023 12:56 PM

I agree. Seems like almost every morning Camaro5/6 are down for at least an hour.

PostalLDMC 05-22-2023 01:33 PM

It's sure nice to be retired and don't worry about little things like being down for a while. I just have another cup of coffee. The world doesnt end. Have you seen how scrappy satellite TV is?
:yikes::lalala:

Caerus 05-22-2023 07:49 PM

It is an ok site. But it is the knowledgeable people here is why I come back. Moderating could be better for sure. I am surprised to see such a free for all in the general forum when the post content should me moved into the specific content forums. Other forums that is not tolerated.

What is the alternative? Thanks.

Rob99 05-22-2023 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC (Post 11318937)
Nothing against this site, it's been great for years, but I think this hobby in general and any kind of fun or interesting thing in the auto industry as a whole is dying.

The auto industry is missing it, too, with this EV push. My kids are in HS and college and there are more fun cars in the parking lots of these schools every year. Camaros, Corvettes, Mustangs, Challengers, Chargers, etc. The younger generation loves these cars.

Well that is a good to know, (i don't have children in school) maybe the EV pushers will get the message not to force feed their customers.

90503 05-22-2023 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caerus (Post 11319041)
It is an ok site. But it is the knowledgeable people here is why I come back. Moderating could be better for sure. I am surprised to see such a free for all in the general forum when the post content should me moved into the specific content forums. Other forums that is not tolerated.

What is the alternative? Thanks.

I think overall this site has been very enjoyable. The general forum free-for-alls we see now are nothing compared to years past. If they get out of hand, the report button still works but maybe not as fast as in the past.

The specific forums don't seem to get much traffic and I'm sure that's why you see the wrong threads in the general forum hoping for some response. The moderating is a thankless job and as far as I can tell we are down to only one (mlee).

So, I'd cut the web-site some slack. Going off-line once in a while is nothing a cup of coffee won't cure. The traffic load will only get smaller once the last Camaros are sold off. I hope these forums can hang on for a few more years until they pull the plug for good.

arpad_m 05-22-2023 10:01 PM

I'm with 90503 on this one. Nobody likes outages or massive slowdowns, but we have to have perspective, this is a free and valuable service provided by enthusiasts that may not have the same energy to maintain an impeccable working order as in the past.

All in all, I for one still enjoy the forum, and when it's down for a short while, so be it, I can wait. Still curious about why these technical difficulties now that the site should be seeing less traffic than in the past, but I'm not going to "demand" a "resolution".

dmcmahan60 05-23-2023 05:24 AM

I enjoy this site as it is my go-to when I need information that I know I can trust vs some of the Camaro groups on Facebook. And I always suggest this site on other Camaro forums when people have questions that I can't answer of feel comfortable trying to. It has only been down a few times in the 4 plus years I have been on here. It is what it is and it is free information that does not cost any of us anything. Thanks and have a good day:)

jamala00 05-23-2023 07:28 AM

It isn't like this site doesn't make money off advertisements and sponsors. If it was without revenue it wouldn't exist. Sponsors and advertisers are paying for this site to be up and reachable. It's fine if you are ok with it being down once and a while as a user, but maybe the people paying the bills to keep this site up don't like it... (If they knew)? I'm a member of other forums and they do not have this issue. If it were you paying an advertisement bill or sponsor fees... would you care then?