Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ask the Camaro Team (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=309)
-   -   Name change to "Ask Mark"? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=543918)

Mark114 12-07-2018 06:22 PM

Name change to "Ask Mark"?

Hopefully we can keep the question thread with Al moving to GM's Electric Vehicle Group and Mark Dickens assuming the role as chief engineer of the Camaro program.

Bumbleboy92 12-07-2018 11:53 PM

Maybe archive this one and create a new one instead

mlee 12-09-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 (Post 10379495)
Maybe archive this one and create a new one instead

There is a large team working these questions. I'm sure folks in charge of a particular area/system where the question is directed gets to answer.

Ask Al is definitely not going to archive and no rush to change names for the reason I just mentioned. His team is still in place and so is he until next year. Now we just need to get some questions out there...

Ball is in our court :biggrin:.

URBAN LEGEND 12-09-2018 01:34 PM

The average speed of answer needs to be faster. Way too slow.

waterman 01-30-2019 12:16 AM

Ask Mark???

Given Mr. Oppenheiser's recent promotion within Chevrolet and the recent changes and progression in the Camaro line up, would I be out of line in asking if an "Ask Mark Dickens" might be in order?

Norm Peterson 01-30-2019 07:43 AM

Assuming that Mark (and company) will continue to respond to questions developed in here, it'd be better to keep them all here in one place. Renaming this one - possibly to something less-specific than "Ask Mark" - might be a reasonable direction to take.

Any takers for "Ask Al/Mark" with precedent set if the management-shuffle situation comes around again?

Norm

DGthe3 01-30-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterman (Post 10424104)
Given Mr. Oppenheiser's recent promotion within Chevrolet and the recent changes and progression in the Camaro line up, would I be out of line in asking if an "Ask Mark Dickens" might be in order?

Thread merged.

-DG

mlee 01-30-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterman (Post 10424104)

It's already been suggested from GM to make this "Ask the Camaro Team" since these questions were worked by the team anyway.

Let's figure out a couple questions to send up and we can get it started again.

vtirocz 01-30-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 10424854)
It's already been suggested from GM to make this "Ask the Camaro Team" since these questions were worked by the team anyway.

Good deal. Glad to hear this will keep going! I'd really like to see this question on the poll: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519726

newz 01-30-2019 11:07 PM

The "Ask the Camaro Team" suggestion seems to make the most sense.

waterman 01-31-2019 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 10424854)

:thumb: Good plan... A fresh start.

I have a few ideas bouncing around in my cranium.

mlee 01-31-2019 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtirocz (Post 10424858)
Good deal. Glad to hear this will keep going! I'd really like to see this question on the poll: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519726

I like that one too. :smoking:

X77-69z28 01-31-2019 11:18 AM

I’ve got one. Many Z/28 owners never got the certificate of authenticity. I reached out to Al on LinkedIn, but didn’t hear back. I called offshore to GM customer assistance and was told they can’t help me. The original owner stated that he never got a certificate wth the car. I REALLY need the valuable paperwork. When you spend 76k on a camaro, you shouldn’t have to jump through hoops to get paperwork. How can I get a certificate for 2015 Z/28 #251. The original owner is available to confirm that he did not get one. Thanks in advance for your help with this matter as it is VERY important to me.

mlee 01-31-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X77-69z28 (Post 10425284)
I’ve got one. Many Z/28 owners never got the certificate of authenticity. I reached out to Al on LinkedIn, but didn’t hear back. I called offshore to GM customer assistance and was told they can’t help me. The original owner stated that he never got a certificate wth the car. I REALLY need the valuable paperwork. When you spend 76k on a camaro, you shouldn’t have to jump through hoops to get paperwork. How can I get a certificate for 2015 Z/28 #251. The original owner is available to confirm that he did not get one. Thanks in advance for your help with this matter as it is VERY important to me.

That ship sailed a long time ago. Some of the very 1st 2012 ZL1 owners didn't get them as well. Fbodfather had some made up for us at the time but the program is over personnel doing that stuff have changed jobs etc.

I'll dig through my super old e-mail and see if I have a template for it. I know I did print a couple out on photo paper which is what GM was doing.