CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   2021 LT1 License Plate (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=583336)

DorsoDuroJohn 10-19-2020 09:26 AM

2021 LT1 License Plate

Hi all, new to this car and new to this forum. One week into a black 2021 LT1. I am interested in anybody knowing about the tow hook license plate location. I've seen a few video's of other models removing a piece of the front grill to access the tow hook.

I am dreading mounting the front plastic plate GM provided. Minnesota must have fronts.

thanks!

Jaxcam02 10-19-2020 09:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't know if the LT1 has that option but if it did, you would be able to see it in the area i circled. I attached the location of the SS tow hook area for reference to what the receptacle behind the grille looks like.

ZED SLED 10-19-2020 11:46 AM

See how long you can get by without running one. I never had an issue for the 10 years I drove Camaros in NY without one.

zaimer 10-19-2020 01:18 PM

WI "must have" fronts plates as well. My Camaro is not getting a plate up front, sorry.

I've run several of my cars without front plates in the past. In fact, when I car shop I often target vehicles that do not have the mounting bracket already installed.

Jaxcam02 10-19-2020 01:58 PM

I think the best thing to do would be to carry around a front plate and some zip ties in the trunk just in case you get pulled over, then go "Oh i forgot to put it on" and zip tie it to the grille .

hfur 10-19-2020 03:09 PM

locations license plate

4 Attachment(s)
try these places..hope this helps...

Kyrac0103 10-19-2020 03:42 PM

I would not put one on, I have driven in OH for the past 6 years without one and never had a problem, thank god this state finally got smart and as of July of this year they finally eliminated it so no more worries... I have a stow-n-go mount for my 18 SS that I will sell you cheap, best thing they make for this problem... Install the mount in center of grill (direct fit) and keep the mounting plate with plate installed in the trunk just in case you need it... Then if some a-hole cop gives you crap just say you took it off to wash the car and forgot to put it back on!!!

Petrol Head 10-19-2020 04:17 PM

Ohio just repealed our front plate requirement as if this past July. My Mom bought a new Corvette in 2016 and instructed the dealer not to install the front plate bracket. What she did was keep the front plate in the back space between the passenger seat and the cargo area, with the idea if she was ever pulled over for no front plate she would have it handy to show him.

Also, what is most likely the case is that the front plate requirement in your state is a secondary offense, not a primary offense. Meaning they can’t pull you over strictly for no plate, they would cite you for a missing plate if you were pulled over for a primary offense (speeding, illegal turn/lane change, etc)

mlee 10-19-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZED SLED (Post 10887670)
See how long you can get by without running one. I never had an issue for the 10 years I drove Camaros in NY without one.

This^^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaimer (Post 10887739)
WI "must have" fronts plates as well. My Camaro is not getting a plate up front, sorry.

I've run several of my cars without front plates in the past. In fact, when I car shop I often target vehicles that do not have the mounting bracket already installed.

and This ^^^

Texas requires them but I haven't had them in over 10 years.

But if you are going to run one just drill the damn holes and put it where it's supposed to be.
They look even worse in off to the side or hanging somewhere.

kropscamaro16 10-19-2020 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 (Post 10887761)
I think the best thing to do would be to carry around a front plate and some zip ties in the trunk just in case you get pulled over, then go "Oh i forgot to put it on" and zip tie it to the grille .

lol doesnt work in cali has to be bolted/screwed on same with having it in front window/dash

i use the zl1 addons on one and when i go to the track i take em off and use my tow hook works just fine never been hastled about my exhaust or tint because of it

2SS Capt 10-19-2020 04:58 PM

Get a Sto N Sho plate mount... When the plate is off you can't even see the mount, can install the plate in 5 seconds without tools...

Rock-It Man 10-19-2020 05:50 PM

The LT1 and all 2020 and 2021 V6 models don't have a tow hook receiver. This is a design decision I just can't understand.

As for front plates, I also don't understand all the drama. Just put it on and drive the car. You can't see the front plate when you're driving the car.

kropscamaro16 10-19-2020 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock-It Man (Post 10887875)
The LT1 and all 2020 and 2021 V6 models don't have a tow hook receiver. This is a design decision I just can't understand.

As for front plates, I also don't understand all the drama. Just put it on and drive the car. You can't see the front plate when you're driving the car.

good less people with ebay tow hooks for looks on the streets or flexing on ig haha

supercab78 10-19-2020 06:55 PM

My 2020 LT1 came with a tow hook. I saw it in the trunk where the spare tire would be. I have not tried to install it yet.