Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Daily driver or not poll (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2103)

Scotsman 11-26-2007 10:05 PM

Daily driver or not poll

How often to you plan on driving your 5thgen???

Mr. Wyndham 11-26-2007 10:09 PM

As often as I can......only in the Summer. I'm sure after a while (like, 10-15 years) it will become the garage guardian then, too. But while I have it, I'll drive it.

My only stipulation, is that I must maintain my Camaro in the most prestine condition as possible. It will be MY car, located in MY house, until I croak: Lifetime companions(like pets) found in cars sorta runs in the family.;)

v84life 11-26-2007 10:45 PM

Not quite sure yet. It could easily wind up being a third car at some point. It will get some heavy use during its first 1-2 years though:thumbsup:

Jak 11-26-2007 10:55 PM

I'll be driving mine most every day late mid-spring to mid fall, it's tires'll never touch snow. And drive on a rare occasion in the rain.:laugh:

DGthe3 11-26-2007 10:56 PM

Daily driver for about 8 months of the year, and then count down the days until its time to bring it out of storage. Winter beaters kinda run in the family. Like Dragon, I plan on keeping it for a LONG time so eventually it will become a weekend car, or ocasional use, but that won't happen for quite a while

Scotsman 11-27-2007 12:13 AM

I'll keep my Camaro for as long as current circumstances allow. Once I get married and what not things will change (believe me, ain't happen'n anytime soon), but I wouldn't be surprised if I just kept it for five to six years then dumped it for something a little "higher up the latter". Until then, who knows. However, I don't really plan on moving out of state after graduation (could change, but wuldn't be moving anywhere too incredibly far from here) and staying here would allow me to drive the car everyday (SoCal baby!!!).

rray200 11-27-2007 12:18 AM

Mine will be a daily driver, and I live in Canada. Getting used to rear wheel drive in the winter will be a bit of an adjustment. But I'll put snow tires on it in the winter. I think with traction and stability control, along with the snow tires, it'll be driveable in winter, I hope. Anyone have experiencing driving a RWD 400+ HP car in the winter with snow tires? I have read of guys driving LS2 GTOs in the winter with blizzaks with no problems on GTO forums.

Scotsman 11-27-2007 12:24 AM

Modern stability control systems in cars these days are some of the best, especially those coming from GM (Stabilitrak). :thumbsup: You shouldn't have that much of an issue driving a RWD car in snow these days.

Emher 11-27-2007 04:05 AM

Daily driver. If I have the money for something else and storage for the winter it's going away in the winter, but since I most likely will afford only the one car, the 5th gen will be my daily driver.

stovt001 11-27-2007 05:41 AM

I live in Southern California. It will be driven 365 days a year.

Limeyness 11-27-2007 10:58 AM

I live in So Cal too, so it will be a daily driver for me as well.

KILLER74Z28 11-27-2007 11:33 AM

Every friggen day I can weather permitting. Still have to tuck her away for the Michigan winters... :thumbup:

KILLER74Z28 11-27-2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerScotsman (Post 31705)
Modern stability control systems in cars these days are some of the best, especially those coming from GM (Stabilitrak). :thumbsup: You shouldn't have that much of an issue driving a RWD car in snow these days.

But the rust will make it a basketcase in no time... Salt + Camaro no mix... :thumbdown:

Pencil.Fight 11-27-2007 11:57 AM

I'm going to be driving this car every day. I'll use my girlfriend's car if I'm concerned about gas mileage on long trips.

Who knows how long we'll be able to drive these cars for? If gas becomes obsolete, most of the Camaros will be permanently grounded. I think it is possible to re-tune the engine and install some parts to allow it to run on ethanol, but how long do you think that's going to be around as a fuel? We're heading towards all-electric, and if I'm not going to be taking out my V8 to put in a battery.