Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Does anybody create bonds with other cars? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370721)

racergirl 07-28-2014 01:32 PM

Does anybody create bonds with other cars?

So, I feel like I can't be the only one that does this, but do yall create bonds with other cars while on a road trip or a long drive? Like you switch lanes and the other car does? That kind of stuff. I'm just curious to see if other people do the same.

SSJ455 07-28-2014 01:34 PM

You mean kinda like stalking them?

raptor5244 07-28-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racergirl (Post 7849816)
So, I feel like I can't be the only one that does this, but do yall create bonds with other cars while on a road trip or a long drive? Like you switch lanes and the other car does? That kind of stuff. I'm just curious to see if other people do the same.

No, however I will keep pace with another car if I want to get a better look at it. I have done this a few times when I first saw the c7 vettes and a z28.

NYCamOwner 07-28-2014 01:48 PM

When I have taken longer trips, I have.. I have found people that will swap from lead to follow and back again. It is hard when you may have different destinations. Shorter trips (Less than 3-4 hours) I prefer to be by myself.

smarbrit 07-28-2014 01:52 PM

I've had this happen a few times, more so on the highways and the last 2 times have been with mustangs.

Heading north out of the city, I passed a convertible mustang. Within a few kms, he came racing up behind me, so I moved into the right lane. He did too, whenever I pulled to the left to pass another car, he'd follow, then back in behind. We rolled like this for an hour, then I pulled off - as he continued, we each gave a wave.

Had another one following me last Friday after work - but I think he was using me as a rabbit...he eventually passed me and raced off, but I caught him as we both took the next exit. I wouldn't say we "bonded".....but I did find it amusing.

racergirl 07-28-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarbrit (Post 7849860)
I've had this happen a few times, more so on the highways and the last 2 times have been with mustangs.

Heading north out of the city, I passed a convertible mustang. Within a few kms, he came racing up behind me, so I moved into the right lane. He did too, whenever I pulled to the left to pass another car, he'd follow, then back in behind. We rolled like this for an hour, then I pulled off - as he continued, we each gave a wave.

Had another one following me last Friday after work - but I think he was using me as a rabbit...he eventually passed me and raced off, but I caught him as we both took the next exit. I wouldn't say we "bonded".....but I did find it amusing.

Today it happened to me with a late model Mustang. I'm visiting my aunt that lives in Pensacola, FL. And when I got to the Mobile tunnel, the driver and passenger (both guys in their 30s, I'd guess) looked over and both smiled. So when I had to go my way all the people in the car, including the guys in the back all waved to me and the driver blew me a kiss and of course, I waved back.

PalmerGA 07-28-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racergirl (Post 7849899)
Today it happened to me with a late model Mustang. I'm visiting my aunt that lives in Pensacola, FL. And when I got to the Mobile tunnel, the driver and passenger (both guys in their 30s, I'd guess) looked over and both smiled. So when I had to go my way all the people in the car, including the guys in the back all waved to me and the driver blew me a kiss and of course, I waved back.

Not so sure that had anything to do with your car though... ;)

PoorMansCamaro 07-28-2014 02:17 PM

lol wow

crateish 07-28-2014 02:19 PM

Yep. All the time on long highway drives. It doesn't matter if it's a Caddy, or a Pick-up, or a Camry, or a Pinto.

...it's never a Pinto.

Mainly, it's about a random vehicle going the speed I want to go.

racergirl 07-28-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 7849921)
Not so sure that had anything to do with your car though... ;)

Shhhhh. Lol. ;)

benji276289 07-28-2014 02:48 PM

I think any guy see you behind the wheel and would bond with your car even if they're going in a different direction.

motorhead 07-28-2014 02:59 PM

No, I wish I was the only one on the road. I do however like it when someone blows by me and shakes the bushes.

NorCalStorm 07-28-2014 04:10 PM

yeah! usually with other muscle cars! was on a 2 hour road trip the other day and drove with a pretty nice challenger r/t for about an hour of it!!

rebelyell22 07-28-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racergirl (Post 7849899)

I love going through that tunnel