Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   footwork for special edition (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2131)

headpunter 11-28-2007 09:23 PM

footwork for special edition

does anyone remember the dick harrel (sp), yenko, gibb and berger camaros of old? a dealer modified camaro with the biggest engine available? and maybe a few other small mods like tighter suspension?

i was wondering if people would be interested in getting a limited edition, camaro with these kind of tweaks and engine swap, since the day of the COPO cars is over about as close to getting it done is getting a dealer to do it, i know a few who might be crazy enough, but i can only talk them into it if i can promise so many sales.. i figure these cars would be the yenko or harell camaros of our generation and should be worth a little bit more in the long run.

i was figuring that the cost would be (msrp)+engine-(sale of low mileage LS3)+other parts+labor= cost

2 different engines looking at right now,

full tuned ls9 at 650 hp

and ls7 at 505, for that nostalgic 427 camaro flair

that being said this is only a poll to see if there would be any interest

DGthe3 11-28-2007 09:54 PM

I want a mid level camaro, no need to go all out for me. But there will be alot of people out there that would support such dealers. It would be cool if there were a factory custom COPO setup again but odds are that will never happen

headpunter 11-28-2007 10:03 PM

well thing is that copo system is dead, BUT all chpp engines come with the same warranties that the actual drive trains come with so the car would still be covered ( for those that care ) and it would be small production, with the dealer im starting to talk too we would like to do something along the lines of those original cars in the modern setting, also setting these cars up to be worth quite alot in the long run.

Mindz 11-28-2007 10:06 PM

I'm barely going to be able to afford the top dawg. Getting special editions would be well past what I'm able to spend on one, otherwise I'd do it.

headpunter 11-28-2007 10:09 PM

going through the dealer also allows you to finance......so what if your kids cant go through college

Jeff 11-28-2007 10:16 PM

I need more information. Their not going to make a Camaro faster than the Corvettes from the factory no matter what though. Even if it was a special edition Camaro of some sort. Theres a lot too it so I'm unsure.

headpunter 11-28-2007 10:32 PM

this wouldnt be from the factory it would be sold by a dealer though. they deal extensively with CHPP and can get engines for cheap. so these would be the most bad a$$ camaros on the street that you can get financed.

Scotsman 11-28-2007 11:33 PM

I'll pass. Some thing like a "Foose" edt. would be nice, but then again they already have that for the Mustang as well so maybe they should pass on that too.

DGthe3 11-28-2007 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 32006)
well thing is that copo system is dead, BUT all chpp engines come with the same warranties that the actual drive trains come with so the car would still be covered ( for those that care ) and it would be small production, with the dealer im starting to talk too we would like to do something along the lines of those original cars in the modern setting, also setting these cars up to be worth quite alot in the long run.

Oh I know that COPO is gone, but I was just kinda thinking about how awesome it would be to have a setup similar to that. And although you can get warranties on engines from their catalogues, it just isn't the same as ticking a box for an LS9 Camaro. Though if they have the LS3, I'm sure they will sell the LS9 supercharger kit, possibly with a warranty. Ford did that with a supercharger for the Mustang from Rousche (sp?)

swazworth 11-29-2007 01:01 AM

Hell yes-> if the price is right. i mean if you get the $$$$ up to mid level vet then i might as well buy one (a vet). keep it around 40k or so and you might have a deal.

hftech 11-29-2007 08:00 AM

Yeah man! I'd probably spend up to about $55k on something special with upwards of 500HP and a sweet looking paint job. I can afford it and I feel that it'd be a good investment, look at the old COPOs, didn't the Yenko sell for like $3k back then or something??? They're worth what, $150k or higher now??

Urthman 11-29-2007 08:55 AM

I'm just hoping to afford a Camaro at all.

2010_5thgen 11-29-2007 11:29 AM

i would have to vote no. i would rather do upgrades to the car myself rather than pay thousands of dollars for someone else to do it.

Dan 11-29-2007 01:18 PM

Dealerships wouldn't even be capable of doing something like this today.