Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone do the key fob upgrade and need a logo? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=625083)

ChibiBlackSheep 04-23-2024 08:33 AM

Anyone do the key fob upgrade and need a logo?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all! Just wondering if anyone here has done the keyfob update to a modern key fob and was left without a back logo/emblem and just an empty circle like I was.

Found a 5-pack of gel stickers that fit perfect from Aliexpress, and only need 2.

If anyone else went through this and is rocking a blank circle, I'll gladly just pop 1 in an envelope for you and mail it out for free if you want.

Figured I'd help out the community a little bit, since the least I could buy was 5 and will have 3 extra.

Arogg 04-23-2024 08:51 AM

My new remote is similar but has the small logo like the factory remote, not that circle one. The little emblem was inside the case when i received it. Stuck in on after putting it all together. Good find tho!

ChibiBlackSheep 04-23-2024 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arogg (Post 11420398)
My new remote is similar but has the small logo like the factory remote, not that circle one. The little emblem was inside the case when i received it. Stuck in on after putting it all together. Good find tho!

Yeah that's what I expected, but this one was a circle. Worked though!

1JEWLDSSRS 04-23-2024 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 11420393)
Hi all! Just wondering if anyone here has done the keyfob update to a modern key fob and was left without a back logo/emblem and just an empty circle like I was.

Found a 5-pack of gel stickers that fit perfect from Aliexpress, and only need 2.

If anyone else went through this and is rocking a blank circle, I'll gladly just pop 1 in an envelope for you and mail it out for free if you want.

Figured I'd help out the community a little bit, since the least I could buy was 5 and will have 3 extra.

That's awesome sir!! You rock. We need more folks like us around to help. I give away a lot of items I don't need anymore. Just to help someone else out in need. :happy0180:

DRC69 04-23-2024 11:07 AM

That's very kind of you to do that.
Hope it does help someone out.

DirtyDirt 04-23-2024 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS (Post 11420434)
That's awesome sir!! You rock. We need more folks like us around to help. I give away a lot of items I don't need anymore. Just to help someone else out in need. :happy0180:

I agree 100%. Not trying to hijack the thread.. But I was going thru some stuff in my garage this morning and found the stock airbox from my 2010 2SS that i got rid of at the end of October last year. Anyone looking for or in need of this??

ChibiBlackSheep 04-23-2024 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS (Post 11420434)

Of course! Gotta support the Camaro community

Arogg 04-24-2024 06:29 AM

Theres a kid that I pass on the way home from work every day. He just picked up a white 2010 SS. Its a little rough but a very nice driver. I stopped one day when he was washing it and I happen to be in my Black 2010 SS. Good dude. He overpaid and he literally spends all his money to have the car. I get it, i was him once. A couple of weeks ago I swapped my Borla Atak exhaust for a Corsa Xtreme. I dropped the Atak off at his house free of charge and told him to enjoy. He was so happy. Next weekend im gonna stop by and help him install it. Its more than a car, its friendships and bonding. I was him once, and it felt good to get him started.

SlowLS1 04-24-2024 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arogg (Post 11420589)
Theres a kid that I pass on the way home from work every day. He just picked up a white 2010 SS. Its a little rough but a very nice driver. I stopped one day when he was washing it and I happen to be in my Black 2010 SS. Good dude. He overpaid and he literally spends all his money to have the car. I get it, i was him once. A couple of weeks ago I swapped my Borla Atak exhaust for a Corsa Xtreme. I dropped the Atak off at his house free of charge and told him to enjoy. He was so happy. Next weekend im gonna stop by and help him install it. Its more than a car, its friendships and bonding. I was him once, and it felt good to get him started.

You got it right. Good on you. These kind of gestures is what makes lasting bonds and memories! :cool:

1JEWLDSSRS 04-24-2024 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arogg (Post 11420589)

Totally awesome sir!! Well done. And it's things like this that really make the car community, and the world a better place for most. Not only make some new friends, but help someone get started in their quest to build "their" dream car! :happy0180:

1JEWLDSSRS 04-24-2024 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowLS1 (Post 11420592)
You got it right. Good on you. These kind of gestures is what makes lasting bonds and memories! :cool:

Oh heck yeah!! :thumbup:

Arogg 04-24-2024 12:31 PM

im just glad my crappy HOA will have to listen to 2 of us now :)

InFiD3ViL 04-24-2024 02:34 PM

I would love one, but I assume I am too late. Oh well, at least now I know where I can find them. I hate that stupid empty circle on the back of the fob.

ChibiBlackSheep 04-24-2024 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL (Post 11420715)
I would love one, but I assume I am too late. Oh well, at least now I know where I can find them. I hate that stupid empty circle on the back of the fob.

Shoot me a PM, no one asked for any yet. I'll throw one in the mail for you if you send me your address.