Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   C7 Factory Paint and Infotainment System Issues (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324850)

jwmoberley 10-24-2013 07:53 PM

C7 Factory Paint and Infotainment System Issues

7 Attachment(s)
I received my Corvette a little over a week ago. Ordered from a local dealer (who I am very happy with) and got exactly what I wanted (torch red, 3LT, Z51, NPP, and mag ride). Traded in a 2010 red convertible to get it. I was at the dealer when the white shipping cover was taken off and the vehicle had 2 miles on it when I drove it home that afternoon.

Issues:
1. Infotainment screen going haywire intermittently (I see this is common)
2. Two areas on the hood with eraser sized touchup FROM THE FACTORY
3. Major hatch painting issues (edge that looks like its been hit with a grinder, paint dripping or overspray onto the plastic, chipping paint)
4. Issues with the hatch plastic interior itself
5. Chipping paint between the bumper and drivers quarter panel
6. Plastic piece bowed and hanging down behind passengers side tire
7. Chips and dings in the black painted wheels

At first I thought I was just being picky finding things. Then they started to add up. When I took the car to the dealership today they said to fix all the issues they would have to repaint the hood, hatch, and rear bumper. They were shocked at the issues. Also the entire dash will have to be pulled and the screen/unit replaced. They would have been willing to start fixing the car today but suggest I call Chevy customer service or Bowling Green to try and escalate this. Everyone who saw the car said they wouldn't be happy at all with this and would not want the brand new car repainted by the dealership body shop. Looking for any helpful advice.

6 Shooter 10-24-2013 08:07 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ingPopcorn.gif

Stingray 10-24-2013 08:27 PM

Holy batload of problems! Seems like hit or miss more & more lately... :frown:

Kochaloch 10-24-2013 08:51 PM

wow that sucks, I would be very upset with that. I feel that's unexceptable for a 60k+ car, I will be very closely examining mine before I accept it at the dealer. I definently would contact BG/customer care, sorry to hear it.

SSDRIVER 10-24-2013 09:16 PM

I have seen the plastic piece hanging before on other vettes, as far as the infotainment
screen, just the center console and dash cf trim bezel will have to be removed to replace the display, (not the whole dash)!!!!!

Ka Razy 10-25-2013 09:12 AM

This is sad... :thumbdown:

Can't believe this could pass outta the factory.

Sure hope I dont regret selling my Bimmer when my C7 arrives...

Stingray 10-25-2013 09:15 AM

This one makes me barf... Maisto C7 diecast models have better finish than this example... :frown: :iono:

http://www.corvette7.com/forums/atta...1&d=1382662422

asptroopa1 10-25-2013 09:32 AM

I have to say I wouldnt be happy with the info center doing that, but it is a quick fix.....the paint would bug me too. I have been lucky. I only had a flickering on my screen once at dusk.......got dim.......but the paint on my car is perfect! The rest of the car is good too......sorry for your bad luck what production number is yours - mine is 3139

killascrimp 10-25-2013 12:41 PM

X2..

Man I know what you are going through, my paint has 2 chips one the size of a dime, the other is small and my screen has bounced around 3 times. I feel your pain.. Good luck w GM customer care. There is a post on this topic but dont ask me how I know.LOL

TKDubya 10-25-2013 03:18 PM

Really sorry about your issues. Hope it all works out. I think the infotainment system will end up being some sort of widespread problem. I waiting for mine to be replaced as we speak.

Jay_Levine 10-25-2013 03:37 PM

I hope these bugs are worked out by the time my vert goes into production

GunnyG 10-25-2013 05:40 PM

Just found some paint issues on mine too. I'll post pics later...:popcorn:

killascrimp 10-25-2013 06:37 PM

The BG plant has there hands full but every once and a while a car slips through that shouldn't.... That's the price you pay when demand is so high. It sucks but it happens (me, you),no new car should have its hood repainted. Not on this car, and I can cover my hood w a stripe but be careful if your hood is repainted make sure its damn near perfect. Its hard to compete with the bots GM have...Please let me know because customer care basically told me to call them if there is a prob after local boys try to fix it...and it took the three days. Hope they get things figured out soon..

rbscene 03-01-2014 01:18 AM

FLaw in Fender Paint

What did GM end up doing, I have a flaw in my paint, I have a meeting tomorrow with the GM of my Dealership. I already told them no to painting the car. What was your outcome?

Thanks

R