Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ask the Camaro Team (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=309)
-   -   Revitalized the "Ask Al" section (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549639)

Mr. Wyndham 03-10-2019 06:39 PM

Revitalized the "Ask Al" section

We will be changing the name of this section to Ask "The Camaro Team", soon.

The team reached out, now that things have settled down a bit after the Al's transfer to the EV team. They would like to continue to answer questions from their enthusiasts: YOU!

So...on Friday, we'll pick a few more questions to enter into a new poll. Post a comment to refresh the ones you'd like considered.

hammdo 03-10-2019 06:49 PM

Sounds great!

I wonder if they would answer questions about the 5th gen still or about if 6th gen parts can be made interchangeable with the 5th gen...

Glad they reached out...

-Don

Mr. Wyndham 03-10-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammdo (Post 10457092)
Sounds great!

I wonder if they would answer questions about the 5th gen still or about if 6th gen parts can be made interchangeable with the 5th gen...

Glad they reached out...

-Don

Many people have changed over the years. But the Team still has resources available to them. So if the question is relevant, I think they'll answer just about anything post 2010. :thumbup:

Shawnqa800720 03-11-2019 08:21 AM

I can't find the Ask Al thread. It is not coming up on search function, so I am going to post my question here - it is the tire size question that seems to come up all the time. What impact does changing the tire diameter have on the control systems - speedo is obvious. But the real question is what impact will it have on stability and traction controls. The Camaro team did use a 1LE sizing on the famous GM SS suspension tests they did, but didn't mention if there were any negative impacts or if they reprogrammed the control systems for the change in diameter. If I find the Ask Al threads, I'll bump them there too. But this is such a basic mod that a ton of folks seem to do, it would be great to have an answer.

mlee 03-16-2019 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnqa800720 (Post 10457342)
I can't find the Ask Al thread. It is not coming up on search function, so I am going to post my question here - it is the tire size question that seems to come up all the time. What impact does changing the tire diameter have on the control systems - speedo is obvious. But the real question is what impact will it have on stability and traction controls. The Camaro team did use a 1LE sizing on the famous GM SS suspension tests they did, but didn't mention if there were any negative impacts or if they reprogrammed the control systems for the change in diameter. If I find the Ask Al threads, I'll bump them there too. But this is such a basic mod that a ton of folks seem to do, it would be great to have an answer.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519726

JeffFox 03-16-2019 08:56 PM

Performance Shift Mode

Camaro Team,

I'd like to learn more about Performance Shift Mode in my 2017 2SS A8. Please describe what causes activation of this mode and what is it programmed to do on a road coarse such as the Milwaukee Mile or Road America. Please be as specific as possible including up and down shifting, elevation changes, cornering, acceleration, deceleration etc. How much engine braking will I get in corners and how much will this improve cornering? Is there a way for the driver to select and hold this mode on a track? How can I make my Camaro dance on the track. Finally is this mode the same in all A8s, what about the A10s.

Thanks for making such a fun and great performing car! Sincerely, Jeff

mlee 03-16-2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffFox (Post 10462917)
Camaro Team,

I'd like to learn more about Performance Shift Mode in my 2017 2SS A8. Please describe what causes activation of this mode and what is it programmed to do on a road coarse such as the Milwaukee Mile or Road America. Please be as specific as possible including up and down shifting, elevation changes, cornering, acceleration, deceleration etc. How much engine braking will I get in corners and how much will this improve cornering? Is there a way for the driver to select and hold this mode on a track? How can I make my Camaro dance on the track. Finally is this mode the same in all A8s, what about the A10s.

Thanks for making such a fun and great performing car! Sincerely, Jeff

Here's the thread for this question. https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549275

JeffFox 03-16-2019 09:08 PM

Please move this post to Ask Al

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 10462919)
Here's the thread for this question. https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549275

Thank you. Can you move this to the Ask Al section. I would really like to have the Team answer it.

mlee 03-16-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffFox (Post 10462929)
Thank you. Can you move this to the Ask Al section. I would really like to have the Team answer it.

It's already in the right section. It will be in the next Poll for sure. We might re-word it a bit.

Shawnqa800720 03-17-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 10462854)

Are you saying this is answered, or this is where it is? I don't think it was answered fully. The speedo question is not a concern. It is the impact to the nannies that I am concerned about, and there does not seem to be a definitive answer. There is a lot of guessing, but nothing definite from the Camaro team.

Thanks!

DGthe3 03-17-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnqa800720 (Post 10463206)
Are you saying this is answered, or this is where it is? I don't think it was answered fully. The speedo question is not a concern. It is the impact to the nannies that I am concerned about, and there does not seem to be a definitive answer. There is a lot of guessing, but nothing definite from the Camaro team.

Thanks!

You couldn't find the thread so he provided a link for you. The question isn't answered, but it is one of the three options for the next question to be submitted to the Camaro team.

mlee 03-17-2019 01:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When a thread is answered it will be listed here.

And the title of the thread will be changed to indicate "Answered"

Attachment 978978

Shawnqa800720 03-17-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 10463256)
You couldn't find the thread so he provided a link for you. The question isn't answered, but it is one of the three options for the next question to be submitted to the Camaro team.

Thank you for clarifying. My wife always says I am a little slow to the starting gates :)

mlee 03-17-2019 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnqa800720 (Post 10463429)
Thank you for clarifying. My wife always says I am a little slow to the starting gates :)

I didn't make it very clear either...;)