Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Pulse or vibration at high speed (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361129)

Tribefan7 05-30-2014 06:45 AM

Pulse or vibration at high speed

So when I get Foxy at 60 mph or higher I feel a pulse or vibration in the steering wheel. It is like a heart beat never stoping. I took it to the dealer and they test drove it and told me it is normal for a sports car to do this. I told them I don,t agree. But they said the same feel was in a showroom model they test drove to compare. Is any body else feeling or having this problem?

purpleRac3r 05-30-2014 07:46 AM

A vibration in the steering often points to a front tire out of balance. These very low profile tires do seem a little more sensitive to slight balance variations, especially the run flats. I have a slightly out of balance tire on left rear that causes a slight pulsing vibration in the whole car, most noticable on smooth roads at highway speeds. Perhaps have a different dealer check your car out, or find a high quality local tire shop check the balance on your tires. Eliminate the easy things to check, then dig deeper if that doesn't work. I'm got an appointment for rebalance at a local tire shop this weekend.

Tribefan7 06-14-2014 02:03 PM

Tires are good. Not the problem. :(

purpleRac3r 06-14-2014 03:05 PM

Hmm, so much for the easy solution. Well, I can't think of anything else typical that could cause that kind of vibration, but something is definitely not right there. I suggest checking with a different dealer in your area. I know around here there are dealers who really don't give a s**t after the sale, and others who really go the extra distance to take care of a customer.

Tribefan7 06-14-2014 08:54 PM

Yea, my dealer does not care. I will have to wait a few weeks before I can get it to a new dealer.

Mario Maldonado 08-26-2017 05:15 PM

Did you ever figured it out !?? Am having the same problem and am out of options i really dont wanna go to the dealership since i have the mgw shifter installed is and intermettent vibration

rdanzel 05-22-2018 10:13 PM

Road force balance can cure this kind of issue most of the time. Check also the hub bearing.

Verany 10-10-2023 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mario Maldonado (Post 9882625)
Did you ever figured it out !?? Am having the same problem and am out of options i really dont wanna go to the dealership since i have the mgw shifter installed is and intermettent vibration

If you have installed an MGW shifter in your vehicle and are experiencing intermittent vibrations, it's important to properly diagnose and address the issue. Here are a few steps you can take:

Verify Installation: Double-check the installation of the MGW shifter to ensure it has been properly installed according to the manufacturer's instructions. Make sure all components are securely fastened and aligned correctly. If any part of the installation seems incorrect or questionable, consider seeking assistance from a professional mechanic or the manufacturer.

Inspect Drivetrain Components: Check the surrounding drivetrain components, such as the transmission, driveshaft, and differential, to ensure they are in good condition and properly installed. Look for any signs of damage, misalignment, or loose connections that could contribute to vibrations.