Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southwest (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   My C7 is here. (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320877)

urr2slo 10-01-2013 10:11 AM

My C7 is here.

Going to pick up my new toy today. I will drive it for a day or two and then the deconstruction begins. Will be building it for SEMA.
Will post pics later today.:bellyroll:

Stingray 10-01-2013 10:24 AM

Aaaawesome! Post pics and feedback of your 2-day joyride! :thumb:

mark0202 10-02-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urr2slo (Post 7053224)
Going to pick up my new toy today. I will drive it for a day or two and then the deconstruction begins. Will be building it for SEMA.
Will post pics later today.:bellyroll:

Congratulations!!!!! :clap:

urr2slo 10-02-2013 12:11 PM

10 Attachment(s)
I got home ok, all I can say is its amazing. 500 fun filled miles on it, the only downside is everyone gets stupid while driving around you. People hanging out windows at freeway speeds to take pics, some shmuck in Cali traffic was watching me, he was next to me and didn't see the car in front of him stop and he rear ended the guy in front of him, fortunately traffic was heavy and it was a low speed impact. Once I got out into the desert is when the fun began.
Going to take it over to Piccione Performance and get it on their dyno in a couple of days and then turn it over to them to to start building it for SEMA.
I will be posting pics and videos as the build comes along. Here are some of the first pics at the dealer and at HRE, I stopped by to have the car fitted for some custom finished wheels. 4 weeks and my baby will be sporting some new shoes.
HRE now has fitment for the new Stingray.

Stingray 10-02-2013 12:14 PM

WOW! Nice 3LT... white on red! :hail:

Congrats! Thanks for the pics! :clap2:

urr2slo 10-21-2013 05:33 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Just thought I would share some more pics, at Piccione Performance & Paint. Getting a few body issues corrected, new custom paint and a tune.
Stay tuned for more pics as it progresses.

thespymaster 10-28-2013 02:43 PM

If its like your Camaro build, will be bad ass for sure!!!

I can't convince the wifey to mod her C7!

urr2slo 10-29-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespymaster (Post 7135127)
If its like your Camaro build, will be bad ass for sure!!!

I can't convince the wifey to mod her C7!

Thanks Kelly, this will be a N/A mild build since its the auto, picking up the Z51 manual later this week, that one will be my powerful all out build, That one will get suspension, power adders, interior, and custom paint.
The auto Z51 will be in HRE wheels booth at SEMA this year and I am building the manual for SEMA next year.
I will probably sell the auto Z51 in a couple months, I love this car so much I think I will get a 2nd manual car to replace this one.
I just finished the paint on the auto C7, I will be posting up a few pics shortly.

urr2slo 10-29-2013 01:19 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of the C7 during paint at Piccione Performance & Custom Paint.

GCC 11-03-2013 05:09 PM

Any progress updates?

Stingray 11-03-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urr2slo (Post 7138000)
....I will probably sell the auto Z51 in a couple months, I love this car so much I think I will get a 2nd manual car to replace this one.
I just finished the paint on the auto C7, I will be posting up a few pics shortly.

Totally agree with you in regards to loving the car so much! I thought I was excited when I got my SS and Boss but the new C7 Stingray is hands down, feet over, super exciting to own & drive! IMHO, the pony cars got nothing to the C7's overall package. GM hit a grand slam... future owners will be so elated and in love with this car. This is only the beginning! Imagine the higher performance versions GM will introduce sooner or later. :clap:

Looking forward to your pics too! :thumb:

urr2slo 11-11-2013 01:12 PM

12 Attachment(s)
Here are some more pics after completion.

Stingray 11-11-2013 02:06 PM

Congrats it's done and out. Pics don't do that justice... in person I bet your white beauty would make us quite speechless and in awe. :thumb: