Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   JacFab license plate bracket and '10-'13 factory ground effects (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514037)

pyroguy 11-21-2017 02:35 PM

JacFab license plate bracket and '10-'13 factory ground effects

So I've been having a heck of a time trying to find an answer to this question:

Does the JacFab license plate bracket work with the '10-'13 factory ground effects package, mainly the front spliter/diffuser? If it needs some sort of adjustment to work what is it? I'm going to need a front license plate soon and I can't stand the thought of drilling into my front bumper cover.

christianchevell 11-21-2017 05:29 PM

well you could get a stow and go.....

Bad@ssCamaro 11-21-2017 05:57 PM

I have one that worked with my 2015 SS/1LE with the front splitter, I don't see why it wouldn't work with the '10-13. I'd drop an email to Jason, that would get you the best answer.

pyroguy 11-22-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christianchevell (Post 9984129)
well you could get a stow and go.....

I like the stow and go except that I doing want to drill into my car. The Jacfab doesn't require any new holes to be drilled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro (Post 9984170)
I have one that worked with my 2015 SS/1LE with the front splitter, I don't see why it wouldn't work with the '10-13. I'd drop an email to Jason, that would get you the best answer.

I tried to message Jason here and send him an email without any response. I tried to message one of his vendors and didn't hear from them either. I think it would work, but I want to be sure before spending $80 on a license plate bracket.

maroonponyina1LE 11-22-2017 08:52 AM

I had tried to contact JacFab/Jason about 12 months ago, and was unsuccessful. Like you, I could not bring myself to drill into the car. I did find a solution. Encourage you to contact: Gilbert Aguilar eliminator bracket.com email: ascorpions1@att.net

Hope that helps!

maroonponyina1LE 11-22-2017 09:09 AM

Want to also add that your modifications to the SSHARK are awesome! ABM is such a pretty color on these cars, and reminds me of both the gen 1 and now gen 6 Camaros. Wish the General had continued to offer it at least a couple more years on the gen 5 cars.

JLSuperfly 11-22-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyroguy (Post 9984796)
I tried to message Jason here and send him an email without any response. I tried to message one of his vendors and didn't hear from them either. I think it would work, but I want to be sure before spending $80 on a license plate bracket.

I emailed him before I bought my JacFab three years ago. I wanted to be sure too since the part wasn't cheap. I got a response from him promptly. Maybe he is just out for the holidays.

pyroguy 11-22-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroonponyina1LE (Post 9984873)
I had tried to contact JacFab/Jason about 12 months ago, and was unsuccessful. Like you, I could not bring myself to drill into the car. I did find a solution. Encourage you to contact: Gilbert Aguilar eliminator bracket.com email: ascorpions1@att.net

Hope that helps!

Want to also add that your modifications to the SSHARK are awesome! ABM is such a pretty color on these cars, and reminds me of both the gen 1 and now gen 6 Camaros. Wish the General had continued to offer it at least a couple more years on the gen 5 cars.

Unfortunately eliminator bracket is no longer a webpage. I got a go daddy link when I tried it.

Thanks for the compliments on my car. I have a few things coming down the pipeline very soon that I'm very excited about, but with this move I need to get the license plate situation resolved sooner than later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLSuperfly (Post 9985013)
I emailed him before I bought my JacFab three years ago. I wanted to be sure too since the part wasn't cheap. I got a response from him promptly. Maybe he is just out for the holidays.

I tried him a month or two ago trying to preplan for this move and nothing which is surprising. I wonder if he's just getting out of the 5th gen business.