Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   2019 NFL offseason discussion. (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547597)

PoorMansCamaro 02-20-2019 11:30 AM

I didn't even know about the AAF until a few days ago. lol

BMR Sales 02-20-2019 11:41 AM

it's not bad - no kickoffs and they have to go for a 2 pt conversion after a TD

PoorMansCamaro 02-20-2019 12:36 PM

Le'veon Bell is gone from Pitt.

PoorMansCamaro 02-22-2019 12:17 PM

Robert Kraft, owner of the New England Patriots, arrested for solicitation of a prostitute. Yikes

PoorMansCamaro 02-25-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 10429807)
One of the big questions this offseason...Where are the Raiders playing next season? lol

Very close to a done deal to stay in Oakland for 2019

PoorMansCamaro 02-25-2019 03:58 PM

Probable cause affidavit for Robert Kraft says he was there January 19 and 20. January 20 was AFC championship. He left around 11:15am. The game started at 7pm. What's also interesting, is that after he was done on the 19th, he was stopped and asked for ID. Then went back the next day. What a moron. LOL

BMR Sales 02-25-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 10446194)

I personally think he should sell the team. I know it's not going to happen. he'll just get a fine. Probably a suspension from going to some games (which is dumb, he's an owner. he doesn't need to be at the games). Which is what I think Irsay got in Indy.

I think he is going to be Suspended at least!

PoorMansCamaro 02-25-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR Sales (Post 10446234)
I think he is going to be Suspended at least!

Yeah, this is pretty much a given. But again, it's not like he's a player. He can go to his mansion and watch the games. lol Being suspended is a bit of a joke in this case, IMO.

Joe M 2012 2SS 02-25-2019 08:31 PM

What Kraft did was a misdemeanor, he doesn't even have to appear in court, his lawyer can go for him. He will pay a fine, and worst case scenario also have to do community service.

The NFL will probably have him pay a fine, and the Pats could lose draft picks this year. Again this is a misdemeanor, not a felony.

One thing is really strange in this case though...... the record states that 25 other people were also charged with the same misdemeanor as Kraft.

The police somehow got a camera in this establishment, and this establishment is charged with sex-trafficking, which is a felony.

Did they need 25 other people to be charged with the same thing as Kraft to have a strong enough case to shut it down?

If these women were being abused it seems that the police let it carry on longer than needed be. If they had 3 confirmed cases from the video, wouldn't that have been sufficient? I don't know what the district attorney in this county calls sufficient evidence, but allowing people to be abused 26 times that are innocent victims seems ridiculous.

PoorMansCamaro 02-25-2019 11:07 PM

Technically I think Kraft is being charged with 2 counts of solicitation of a prostitute. Might actually be 3, as he was with 2 women the first time and 1 with the second time. I'm not sure how that works.

I do agree, why they needed 25 people is beyond me. I suppose 2 or 3 people wouldn't be enough to uncover a full on sex traffic ring.

I would actually be shocked if they lost draft picks. I think it'll just be a fine and suspension, like Jim Irsay.

PoorMansCamaro 02-26-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR Sales (Post 10446868)
He could be made to give up the Team, but in this case it would go to his son, so no big deal to him.

the NFL with all of it's problems with Players & Violence against women, I don't think is going to be lenient. Especially to Kraft, who Goodell has been trying to put the Screws to for years.

Remember, they made Jerry Richardson get rid of the Panthers and he was NFL Old School!

I guess we gotta just get our :popcorn: ready!

PoorMansCamaro 02-27-2019 04:32 PM

Johnny Manziel cut by CFL team. I bet he tries out for AAF

Iron Lung Jimmy 02-27-2019 05:51 PM

Not just cut... banned from the league. :crazy:

PoorMansCamaro 02-27-2019 06:08 PM

Oh damn, I just read the headline. Didn't know he was banned. lmao