CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro Convertible (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=301)
-   -   Wind Deflector (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=581698)

Bruiser0311 09-13-2020 05:16 PM

Wind Deflector

Does anyone know if wind deflectors restrict passengers from sitting in the back seats? I want to get one for my kids (complaining about the wind) so they can enjoy the convertible a bit more!

Mark114 09-13-2020 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All of the 6th Gen Camaro convertible wind deflectors that I have seen cover the back seat area as shown below. The convertible top on the 5th Gen Camaro attaches to the car differently so they have more options.

Bruiser0311 09-13-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark114 (Post 10867396)
All of the 6th Gen Camaro convertible wind deflectors that I have seen cover the back seat area as shown below. The convertible top on the 5th Gen Camaro attaches to the car differently so they have more options.

Ok thank you...I was optimistically hoping that there was an option that didn’t restrict the rear seats!

ember1205 09-14-2020 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruiser0311 (Post 10867399)
Ok thank you...I was optimistically hoping that there was an option that didn’t restrict the rear seats!

Nope. They work very well, but the only thing going in the back seat with it installed is going to be "stuff" (no people).

Tara Martin 03-05-2024 03:11 PM

Old thread, new question: I'm thinking about buying the GM Chevrolet parts wind deflector for my 24 ZL1 vert. Those of you who have one...is it worth it? I've got some of those Chevrolet points, so I can reduce the price a bit.

Thanks for any thought on the deflector.

Tara :wub:

Mark114 03-05-2024 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tara Martin (Post 11409191)
Old thread, new question: I'm thinking about buying the GM Chevrolet parts wind deflector for my 24 ZL1 vert. Those of you who have one...is it worth it? I've got some of those Chevrolet points, so I can reduce the price a bit.

It isn’t a dramatic improvement, but it helps. I don’t regret buying it. The GM parts web sites may have it cheaper than the price from Chevrolet with your points.

ember1205 03-05-2024 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tara Martin (Post 11409191)

I'm very appreciative to have it as it makes a difference between being able to actually HAVE a conversation with a passenger and NOT on the highway. And for driving longer distances, it allows you to feel less "beaten up" by the wind.

For reference, I drive with top down and windows up because this seems to offer the most reduction overall in wind while ALSO preventing the wind from causing buffeting of the seatbelt above my shoulder as well.

Grtpkn 03-06-2024 02:44 PM

The Camaro store has one that says you put it in place and you don't have to remove it and it doesn't restrict access to the back seat. I was looking at it and it looks like it will restrict but it says it does not. It's lexan and one that you can get with light up display and all that.

MANNAXMAN 03-06-2024 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark114 (Post 11409206)
It isn’t a dramatic improvement, but it helps. I don’t regret buying it. The GM parts web sites may have it cheaper than the price from Chevrolet with your points.

I disagree that it's not a dramatic improvement. There is a slight but noticeable decrease in wind/wind noise with the windscreen up-windows down and a significant decrease in wind/wind noise with windscreen up-windows up.

In cooler temps (I've had my top down when it's 40ºF), windscreen up-windows up make the heater and seat warmers more effective. With windscreen down-windows down, the cold wind negates both. At freeway speeds, I don't feel the seat warmer at all if I'm wearing a jacket and barely feel the heater when the temp and fan are cranked.

@Tara Martin, check out this thread for some reviews.

The Chief (tm) 03-06-2024 08:26 PM

Highly recommended.

Had driven a rented 2SS approx. 250 miles without one, and now have driven with one installed (in my own car), now for the past 15K miles. I almost never take it out, but when I do, I can tell that it's missing from the moment the speed gets past 35 or so.

Had an excellent buying experience here:

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/exter...-92288309.html

Rckinkaid 03-07-2024 07:05 AM

I found this on the camaro store. I haven't purchased one yet, but from the looks of it; it looks like it frees up the back seats.

https://camarostoreonline.com/collec...strictor%C2%AE

Tara Martin 03-07-2024 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark114 (Post 11409206)

Thanks! I have almost $300 in points, so it'll dent the final price quite a bit!

Tara Martin 03-07-2024 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ember1205 (Post 11409227)
I'm very appreciative to have it as it makes a difference between being able to actually HAVE a conversation with a passenger and NOT on the highway. And for driving longer distances, it allows you to feel less "beaten up" by the wind.

For reference, I drive with top down and windows up because this seems to offer the most reduction overall in wind while ALSO preventing the wind from causing buffeting of the seatbelt above my shoulder as well.

Thanks for your response! :thumbup:

Tara Martin 03-07-2024 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grtpkn (Post 11409449)
The Camaro store has one that says you put it in place and you don't have to remove it and it doesn't restrict access to the back seat. I was looking at it and it looks like it will restrict but it says it does not. It's lexan and one that you can get with light up display and all that.

I've seen that one advertised. I'm not sure if I want to deal with powering that light up display. I'm happy with the basic Chevy parts unit, I think.